Control of the mobile robot by hand movement measured by inertial sensors
- 255 Downloads
This paper discusses methods which allow control of a mobile wheeled robot by gestures issued by human operator using movement of his arm. The gestures are measured by low-cost inertial sensors mounted on the operator’s wrist and processed by algorithm proposed in this paper. Such approach allows user to control the mobile platform in outdoor environment without need for any static equipment (e.g., panel with joystick). Methods have been evaluated on E-puck mobile robot.
KeywordsRemote control Inertial measurement unit Operator interface
This work was supported by Slovak Research and Development Agency under the Project No. APVV-15-0441.
- 1.Janota A, Šimák V, Nemec D, Hrbček J (2015) Improving precision and speed of Euler angles computing from low cost sensor data. Sensors 15(3): s.7016–7039. doi: 10.3390/s150307016. ISSN 1424-8220
- 2.Hulsing R (1998) MEMS inertial rate and acceleration sensor. IEEE Aerosp Electr Syst Mag 13(11): 17–23. doi: 10.1109/62.730613. ISSN: 0018-9251
- 3.Benser ET (2015) Trends in inertial sensors and applications. In: IEEE international symposium on inertial inertial sensors and systems (ISISS), pp 1–4, 23–26 March 2015. doi: 10.1109/ISISS.2015.7102358
- 4.Pinney C, Hawes MA, Blackburn J (1994) A cost-effective inertial motion sensor for short-duration autonomous navigation. In: Position location and navigation symposium, 1994, IEEE, pp 591–597, 11–15 Apr 1994. doi: 10.1109/PLANS.1994.303402
- 5.Sampaio S, Massatoshi Furukawa C, Maruyama N (2013) Sensor fusion with low-grade inertial sensors and odometer to estimate geodetic coordinates in environments without GPS signal. IEEE Latin Am Trans (Revista IEEE America Latina), 11(4): 1015–1021. doi: 10.1109/TLA.2013.6601744. ISSN: 1548-0992
- 6.Qasem H, Gorgis O, Reindl L (2008) Design and calibration of an inertial sensor system for precise vehicle navigation. In: 5th Workshop on positioning, navigation and communication, 2008. WPNC 2008. pp 229–231, 27–27 March 2008. doi: 10.1109/WPNC.2008.4510379. ISBN 978-1-4244-1798-8
- 7.Kingma DP, Ba JL (2015) Adam: a method for stochastic optimization. In: International conference on learning representations. arXiv:1412.6980
- 8.Mondada F et al (2009) The e-puck, a robot designed for education in engineering. In: Proceedings of the 9th conference on autonomous robot systems and competitions, vol 1(1), pp 59–65Google Scholar