Purification, saturation and the exact law of large numbers
Purification results are important in game theory and statistical decision theory. We prove a new purification theorem that generalizes several earlier results. The key idea of our proof is to make use of the exact law of large numbers. As an application, we show that every mixed strategy in games with finite players, general action spaces and diffused, conditionally independent incomplete information has many strong purifications.
KeywordsExact law of large numbers Fubini extension Incomplete information Purification Saturated probability space
JEL ClassificationC60 C70
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Doob J.L.: Stochastic Processes. Wiley, New York (1953)Google Scholar
- Dvoretzky A., Wald A., Wolfowitz J.: Relations among certain ranges of vector measures. Pac J Math 1, 59–74 (1951a)Google Scholar
- Džamonja M., Kunen K.: Properties of the class of measure separable compact spaces. Fund Math 147, 261–277 (1995)Google Scholar
- Fajardo S., Keisler H.J.: Model Theory of Stochastic Processes. Lecture Notes in Logic, vol. 14. Assoc Symbolic Logic, Urbana, IL (2002)Google Scholar
- Khan, M.A., Rath, K.P., Sun, Y.N., Yu, H.M.: On the theory of large games with a multiplicities of types of players: a reformulation. Mimeo (2005)Google Scholar
- Khan M.A., Sun Y.N.: On symmetric Cournot–Nash equilibrium distributions in a finite-action, atomless game. In: Khan, M.A., Yannelis, N.C. (eds) Equilibrium Theory in Infinite Dimensional Spaces, pp. 325–332. Springer, Berlin (1991)Google Scholar
- Khan M.A., Sun Y.N.: Non-cooperative games with many players. In: Aumann, R.J., Hart, S. (eds) Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, vol. III, pp. 1761–1808. Elsevier Science, Amsterdam (2002)Google Scholar
- Loeb P.A., Sun Y.N.: Purification of measure-valued maps. Ill J Math 50, 747–762 (2006)Google Scholar
- Sun, Y.N.: On the characterization of individual risks and Fubini extension. Mimeo (2007a)Google Scholar
- Sun, Y.N.: Large Bayesian games. Mimeo (2007b)Google Scholar