Asymptotic properties of the number of near minimum-concomitant observations in the case of progressive type-II censoring
- 106 Downloads
In this paper, we study the number of near minimum-concomitant observations for Progressively Type-II Censored Order Statistics (PCOS). We first define the concomitants of PCOS and the number of near minimum-concomitant observations. We then investigate distributional and asymptotic properties of these random variables. Finally, we propose simulation techniques for generating the concomitants of PCOS.
KeywordsProgressive type-II censoring Order statistics Concomitants of order statistics Near minimum-concomitants
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)60G70 62G30
The second author’s work is done within the scienticfic task N 2014/60/2077 “Mathematical Theory of Extreme Values” financed from the federal budget by the ministry of education of Russian Federation.
- Balakrishnan N, Sandhu RA (1995) A simple simulation algorithm for generating progressive type -II censored samples. Am Stat 49:229–230Google Scholar
- Balakrishnan N, Kim JA (2005) EM Algorithm and optimal censoring schemes for progressively type-II censored bivariate normal data. In: Book advances in ranking and selection, multiple comparisons, and reliability statistics for industry and technology, pp 21–45Google Scholar
- Cohen AC, Whitten BJ (1988) Parametric inference for life span and reliability models. Marcel Dekker, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- David HA (1973) Concomitants of order statistics. Bull Inst Internat Stat 45:295–300Google Scholar
- Kamps U, Cramer E (2001) On distributions of generalized order statistics. Statistics 35:269–281Google Scholar