Note on unawareness: Negative Introspection versus AU Introspection (and KU Introspection)
- 221 Downloads
We show that under mild conditions, Negative Introspection equals both KU Introspection and AU Introspection for plausible unawareness in a standard state-space model à la Dekel et al. (Econometrica 66:159–173, 1998). If, moreover, the standard state-space model satisfies Non-Delusion and Monotonicity, then AU Introspection alone is equivalent to Negative Introspection. This study provides additional insight into Dekel et al.’s result that standard state-space models preclude sensible unawareness, in terms of how AU Introspection and KU Introspection clash with Plausibility.
KeywordsUnawareness Negative Introspection KU Introspection AU Introspection Plausibility Standard state-space model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Board O, Chung KS (2007) Object-based unawareness. University of Minnesota, MimeoGoogle Scholar
- Feinberg Y (2004) Subjective reasoning—games with unawareness. Stanford University, MimeoGoogle Scholar
- Feinberg Y (2009) Games with incomplete awareness. Stanford University, MimeoGoogle Scholar
- Galanis S (2009) Unawareness of theorems. University of Southampton, MimeoGoogle Scholar
- Heifetz A, Meier M, Schipper BC (2007) Unawareness, beliefs and games. UC_Davis, MimeoGoogle Scholar
- Xiong S (2007) Unawareness and the standard state space. Northwestern University, MimeoGoogle Scholar