Open-source machine learning: R meets Weka
- First Online:
- 775 Downloads
Two of the prime open-source environments available for machine/statistical learning in data mining and knowledge discovery are the software packages Weka and R which have emerged from the machine learning and statistics communities, respectively. To make the different sets of tools from both environments available in a single unified system, an R package RWeka is suggested which interfaces Weka’s functionality to R. With only a thin layer of (mostly R) code, a set of general interface generators is provided which can set up interface functions with the usual “R look and feel”, re-using Weka’s standardized interface of learner classes (including classifiers, clusterers, associators, filters, loaders, savers, and stemmers) with associated methods.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Carey V (2007) arji: Another R-Java interface. http://www.bioconductor.org/, R package version 0.3.16
- Ellson J, Gansner E, Koutsofios E, North S, Woodhull G (2003) Graphviz and Dynagraph—static and dynamic graph drawing tools. In: Junger M, Mutzel P (eds.) Graph drawing software. Springer, Heidelberg, pp 127–148. http://www.Graphviz.org/
- Gentry J, Long L, Gentleman R, Falcon S (2007) Rgraphviz: plotting capabilities for R graph objects. http://www.bioconductor.org/, R package version 1.14.1
- Hornik K, Zeileis A, Hothorn T, Buchta C (2007) RWeka: an R interface to Weka. http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=RWeka, R package version 0.3-4
- R Development Core Team (2007) R: a language and environment for statistical computing. R foundation for statistical computing, Vienna, Austria, http://www.R-project.org/, ISBN 3-900051-07-0
- Schauerhuber M, Zeileis A, Meyer D, Hornik K (2007) Benchmarking open-source tree learners in R/RWeka. In: Data analysis, machine learning, and applications (Proceedings of the 31st annual conference of the Gesellschaft für Klassifikation e.V., March 7–9, 2007, Freiburg), forthcomingGoogle Scholar
- Temple Lang D, Chambers J (2005) SJava: The omegahat interface for R and Java. http://www.omegahat.org/RSJava/, R package version 0.69-0
- Urbanek S (2007) rJava: Low-Level R to Java interface. http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=rJava, R package version 0.4-16