A stitching method of radial section line of scanned point cloud data for ring forgings
- 22 Downloads
The dimensions of ring forgings can be analyzed by the point cloud data of ring forgings scanned by laser. The dimensions are the key to evaluating the parameters of ring forgings. Due to the limitation of the scanning angle of the laser scanner, the complete data of the radial section line for the ring forging cannot be obtained through one scan. So the point cloud data of multiple scans are stitched to get the complete data of radial section line. In response to the stitching question, a point cloud data stitching method for ring forgings is proposed in this study. Firstly, the coarse stitching is carried out by using the relationship between the center coordinates of the two data sets. Then, the repeated region is found by the improved Beetle Antennae Search Algorithm (BASA). The repeated region is divided into three parts to find corresponding points in the process of precise stitching. The complete radial section line data can be obtained. Finally, the stitched radial section line is transformed into a complete 3D ring forging model. The comparison experiment results show that the algorithm proposed in this study is simple and fast. The accuracy of this algorithm is verified by extracting the dimensions of the complete model for ring forging.
KeywordsRing forging Point cloud data Coarse stitching Precise stitching
This study is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51675469), the Natural Science Foundation of Hebei Province, China (Grant No. E2019203175), and the science and technology projects of Qinhuangdao (Grant No.: 201805A193).
- 4.Xu B, Li ZK, Lv PJ (2013) Accurate registration algorithm for point cloud based on properties. Computer Application and Software 30(11):112–115Google Scholar
- 5.Xiong H (2013) Study on point cloud pretreatment technology for large complex molds. Nanchang: Nanchang University. https://doi.org/10.7666/d.Y2403297
- 6.Yuan L (2010) Study on point cloud data registration Algorithm in 3D reconstruction. Xi’an: Xi’an University of Electronic Science and Technology. https://doi.org/10.7666/d.y1668020
- 7.Zhu YW, Zhou LS, Zhang LY (2006) Distributed point cloud data registration algorithm. Journal of Computer-Aided Design & Computer Graphics 18(4):475–481. https://doi.org/10.3321/j.issn:1003-9775.2006.04.001
- 13.Huang Q, Wang ZY, Li JL (2018) Research on 3D point cloud fast splicing method. Information Technology v.42; No.320(07):85–88Google Scholar
- 14.Chen JG, Guo QM, Ma LL. Improved ICP algorithm for multi-view cloud splicing. Computer Systems Applications, 2018, 27(1). DOI: https://doi.org/10.15888/j.cnki.csa.006184
- 15.Ying F, Zhang AG, Su JC (2014) Fitting of arbitrary points on the observation circle and its center coordinates. Journal of Heilongjiang Institute of Technology 28(2):27–31. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1671-679.2014.02.008 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 16.Li MF, Ling Y, Cao Y (2018) Research on water quality monitoring method based on BAS-TSFNN. Journal of Natural Science of Xiangtan University v.40; No.146(03):104–107Google Scholar
- 17.Wu LS, Yan HP, HWi C (2014) A boundary extraction algorithm based on scattered point cloud. Computer Applications and Software 11:264–268. https://doi.org/10.3969/j.issn.1000-386x.2014.11.67
- 18.Lin HB, Shao YC, Wang W (2016) Research on two-dimensional analytical tensor voting algorithm. Acta Automat Sin 42(3)Google Scholar