An adaptive-group-based differential evolution algorithm for inspecting machined workpiece path planning
- 25 Downloads
In the precision manufacturing process, accuracy and precision are crucial when designing a workpiece inspection system. An efficient system minimizes inefficiencies caused by workpieces failing to meet customer needs and delays caused by slow workpiece inspection. In this study, a workpiece inspection system for measuring path planning is proposed that uses the given coordinate of inspection points discerned from 3D images. Then, an adaptive-group-based differential evolution (AGDE) algorithm is used to optimize the measuring path. The AGDE algorithm incorporates the grouping concept into conventional differential evolution, and this improves local search ability through referencing the direction of the best solution in each group. By using the proposed method, the shortest non-colliding measuring path is obtained. Moreover, the proposed workpiece inspection system shortens the workpiece inspection time and achieves faster performance than manual measuring path planning under multiple workpiece inspection points.
KeywordsPath planning Workpiece inspection Differential evolution Grouping Measurement
The authors would like to thank the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Republic of China, Taiwan, for financially supporting this research under Contract No. MOST 107-2221-E-167-023
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.
- 1.Robins M (2006) Quality innovations: a scanning revolution in five axes. Qual MagGoogle Scholar
- 2.Chen Y, Ma Z, Xu H (Aug. 2009) Key technologies of 3D surface inspection for complex workpiece using OMP60 probe. IEEE Int Conf Autom Log 223–227Google Scholar
- 5.Duzn X, Xu Y, Wang X, Liu W, Huo Y, Ma H (2008) Application of on-line inspection probe of machining center in free curve inspecting. World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, pp. 6036–6040Google Scholar
- 14.Kennedy J, Eberhart R (1995) Particle swarm optimization. IEEE Int Conf Neural Netw 4:1942–1948Google Scholar
- 15.Holland JH (1992) Genetic algorithms. J Article 267(1):66–73Google Scholar