Topology optimization of blank holders in nonisothermal stamping of magnesium alloys based on discrete loads
- 28 Downloads
The structure of blank holders has a great influence on heat transfer in nonisothermal stamping of magnesium alloys. In order to improve the quality of nonisothermal stamping parts, a topology optimization method based on discrete loads is proposed, and applied to optimize blank holders. Based on the finite element model (FEM) of a cross-shaped cup in NUMISHEET2011, the one-step method is used to inverse the optimization area of the blank holder. The optimization area is rediscretized into squares. The coupled thermo-mechanical analysis is carried out based on the discretized blank holder, and the reactive forces of the discrete squares are obtained, and taken as the constraint to carry out the topology optimization of the blank holder. Based on the optimized blank holder, the plasticity difference of the blank flange can be realized by controlling the temperature on the blank flange. The nonisothermal stamping is analyzed based on the optimized blank holder. Compared with the results based on the initial blank holder, the optimization results show that the optimized blank holder can improve thickness uniformity effectively in the nonisothermal stamping of AZ31B magnesium alloy.
KeywordsNonisothermal stamping Discrete load Blank holder Topology optimization
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (51005193) and Sichuan Provincial Science and Technology Plan-Key Research and Development (Major Science and Technology Special Project) (2019YFG0313).
- 4.Jeong SI, Jin CK, Seo HY, Kim JD, Kang CG (2016) Mold structure design and casting simulation of the high-pressure die casting for aluminum automotive clutch housing manufacturing. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 84(5-8):1561–1572Google Scholar
- 13.Swaminathan N, Ramakrisnan CV, Balamurugan R (2004) Optimal topology design of products using genetic algorithm. Mater Proc Des:2138–2142Google Scholar
- 14.Wei GM, Xia QX, Zhang SJ, Qiu ZW, Ye FY (2011) Layout design for high strength steel automotive structural parts based on UG-PDW. The Second International Conference on Mechanic Automation and Control Engineering IEEE, pp 5882–5885.Google Scholar
- 16.Nilsson A, Birath F (2007) Topology optimization of a stamping die [C]. The 9th International Conference on Numerical Methods in Industrial Forming Processes. 908(1):449-454Google Scholar
- 19.Xie YM, He YJ, Zhuo DZ, Xiong WC (2016) Topology optimization of hot stamping die structure on high-strength sheet metal for u shaped part [J]. Chin J Eng Des 23(1):60–66 In ChineseGoogle Scholar
- 20.Xu DK, Tang YC, Chen J (2009) Topology optimization of high strength steel stamping die in consideration of offset load. Die Mould Technol 4:10–14 In ChineseGoogle Scholar
- 22.Cao ZF, Chen W, Wang X (2013) Study on warm deep drawing process of magnesium alloy cross-shaped cup. Hot Work Technol 42(1):121–123 In ChineseGoogle Scholar
- 23.Xue CH (2010) Constitutive relationship research of AZ31B magnesium alloy sheet under the HVF & warm forming condition. Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan In ChineseGoogle Scholar