Experimental investigation of non-isothermal deep drawing of DP600 steel
- 5 Downloads
To increase the limiting drawing ratio (LDR) in deep drawing, experiments are conducted on DP600, IF, and HSLA steels. The flange region of blank is heated up to temperatures in the warm range by inductance heating. During heating, the central portion of blank is cooled by water to prevent the reduction of the strength of the material in the central region. The temperature increase of flange region is observed by two infrared sensors focusing on two different points, one on the blank rim and the other near the die radius. An intensive cooling by cold water is applied to the bottom side of a blank during deep drawing. Increases up to 25.58% on LDR are obtained. There is no significant change in the microstructure of the material due to warm forming. Material characterization is obtained by a Gleeble 3800 thermo-mechanical testing machine for the temperature range 150–300 °C.
KeywordsNon-isothermal deep drawing Limiting drawing ratio Inductive heating DP600 HSLA
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The use of facilities in the Metal Forming Center of Excellence at ATILIM University is also acknowledged and thanks are extended to the personnel for their contributions on the material tests.
This study received financial support from the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) under the Project No. 111M448 and from ATILIM University under the project no. ATÜ-BAP-1011-13.
- 13.Ota E, Yogo Y, Iwata T et al (2014) Formability improvement technique for heated sheet metal forming by partial cooling. Key Eng Mater 622–623:279–283. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.622-623.279 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.Kopp R (1996) Some current development trends in metal-forming technology. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Metal Forming. J Mater Process Technol 60:1–9. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-0136(96)02301-1
- 21.Optris Gmb H, Ferdinand-Buisson-Str. 14, 13127 Berlin/Germany, Phone: +49 (0)30 500 197-0, Fax: +49 (0)30 500 197-10, www.optris.com
- 22.TML, Tokyo Sokki Kenkyujo Co. ltd., 8-2, Minami-Ohi 6-Chome, Shinagawa-Ku, Tokyo 140-8560, JAPAN, TEL: Tokyo 03-3763-5611 FAX: Tokyo 03–3763-5713, www.tml.jp/e
- 23.MIRAN, Shenzhen Miran Technology Co., Ltd., Address: Road 7, Guang Ming High-Tech Park, ShenZhen, China, Phone/WhatsApp: +8618988775309, Fax: 0755–81738623, Website: www.miransensor.com
- 24.National Instruments Corporation, 11500 Mopac Expwy Austin, TX 78759-3504, (512) 683-0100, www.ni.com
- 25.Forming Center of Excellence, Atılım University Kızılcaşar Mahallesi 06836 İncek-Gölbaşı/ANKARA, http://mfce.atilim.edu.tr/
- 26.Pepelnjak T, Kayhan E, Kaftanoglu B (2018) Analysis of non-isothermal warm deep drawing of dual-phase DP600 steel. Int J Mater Form, Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12289-018-1400-0