Analysis of forming error during thread and spline synchronous rolling process based on motion characteristic
- 5 Downloads
The thread meshing and the spline/gear meshing are intercoupling during thread and spline synchronous rolling (TSSR) process. The subtle difference between different meshing types will lead to profile error of workpiece. Exploring the influence of motion characteristic on the forming error during TSSR process is important for control of pitch error, design of profile compensation of rolling die, and improvement of rolling quality. Thus, in this paper, the accumulative pitch error for spline section of workpiece during TSSR process was defined and modeled according to the motion characteristic in the synchronous rolling process. A quantitative calculating program of the accumulative pitch error has been compiled by using MATLAB code based on the motion models during thread rolling process and spline rolling process. Then, the influences of calculation step, rotating parameter of rolling die at initial contact state, and initial values for numerical solution of motion models of thread section on the calculation accuracy were investigated. The influences of processing parameters and geometrical parameters on the accumulative pitch error were studied by means of orthogonal experiment design method.
KeywordsSynchronous rolling Angular velocity difference Accumulative pitch error Round rolling die
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The authors would like to thank Mr. Bing-Kun Liu at School of Mechanical Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, for the help in the three coordinate measurement.
The authors would like to gratefully acknowledge the supports of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 51675415 and 51335009).
- 2.Zhang DW (2018) Die structure and its trial manufacture for thread and spline synchronous rolling process. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 96:319–325Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang DW, Zhao SD (2015) Discussion of plastic forming for roller in PRSs. China Mech Eng 26(3):385–389 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang DW, Zhao SD, Li YT (2014) Rotatory condition at initial stage of external spline rolling. Math. Prob. Eng. 2014: article ID 363184. In: 12 pagesGoogle Scholar
- 10.Litvin FL (1989) Theory of Gearing. NASA Reference Publication 1212, Washington DCGoogle Scholar
- 11.Wu XT (2009) Principle of Gearing, second ed., Xi’an Jiaotong University Press, Xi’an. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 14.Zhang DW, Zhao SD, Ou H (2016) Motion characteristic between die and workpiece in spline rolling process with round dies. Adv Mech Eng 8(7):1–12Google Scholar
- 15.Bo YX, Bo D (1992) Accumulative pitch error of k teeth in precision standard of gear. Tool Engineering 26(9):39–41 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 16.Compile Group for Handbook of Mathematics (1979) Handbook of mathematics. Higher Education Press, Beijing. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 17.Zhan ZP, Chang BY, Ming CX (1997) Involute spline standards application manual. Standards Press of China, Beijing (in Chinese) Google Scholar
- 18.He W, Xue WD, Tang B (2012) Experiment optimization design method and data analyzing. Chemical Industry Press, Beijing (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 19.Taguchi G (1987) System of Experiment design, D. Clausing, translated, Kraus International Publications, New YorkGoogle Scholar