A novel dual-channel weld seam tracking system for aircraft T-joint welds
- 210 Downloads
Laser welding technology for skin-stringer joints is widely used in aircraft manufacturing. Double-sided laser beam welding of skin-stringer joints is an approved method for producing defect-free welds. The main drawback for the use of single-sided welding method for T-joints is the occurrence of weld defects. To achieve dual-beam laser-welded T-joint, a dual-beam laser welding platform based on multi-axis CNC machine is set up in this paper. A novel control method of double-sided seam tracking and error compensation based on vision sensor is proposed. The weld seams on both sides of the T-joint are detected simultaneously by two vision sensors. At the same time, the welding deviation on both sides of the T-joint are compensated at real time by an independent error compensation control method based on self-adaptive fuzzy-PID controller. The result shows that the dual-beam laser welding system can achieve high precision dynamic deviation compensation in the double-sided welding process at a high speed.
KeywordsT-joint Seam tracking Double-sided welding Dual laser beam Vision sensor Structure light Fuzzy-PID
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Perić M, Tonković Z, Rodić A (2014) Numerical analysis and experimental investigation of welding residual stresses and distortions in a T-joint fillet weld. Mater Des 53(1):1052–1063Google Scholar
- 11.Enz J, Riekehr S, Ventzke V (2012) Process optimization for the laser beam welding of high-strength aluminium–lithium alloys. Schweißen und Schneiden 64(8):482–485Google Scholar
- 12.Zink W (2001) Welding fuselage shells. Industrial Laser Solutions for Manufacturing 16:7–10Google Scholar
- 13.Squillace A, Prisco U (2009) Influence of filler material on micro and macro mechanical behavior of laser-beam-welded T-joint for aerospace applications. Journal of Materials: Design and Applications 223:103–115Google Scholar
- 14.Schumacher J, Zerner I, Neye G (2002) Laser beam welding of aircraft fuselage panels. Conference: 21st International Congress on Applications of Lasers & Electro-Optics (ICALEO)Google Scholar