Selecting and full ranking suppliers with imprecise data: A new DEA method
- 370 Downloads
Supplier selection, a multi-criteria decision making (MCDM) problem, is one of the most important strategic issues in supply chain management (SCM). A good solution to this problem significantly contributes to the overall supply chain performance. This paper proposes a new integrated mixed integer programming ‐ data envelopment analysis (MIP‐DEA) model for finding the most efficient suppliers in the presence of imprecise data. Using this model, a new method for full ranking of units is introduced. This method tackles some drawbacks of the previous methods and is computationally more efficient. The applicability of the proposed model is illustrated, and the results and performance are compared with the previous studies.
KeywordData envelopment analysis Imprecise data Supplier selection Full ranking method Uncertainly Best efficient unit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Amin GR, Gattoufi S, Rezaee Seraji E (2011) A maximum discrimination DEA method for ranking association rules in data mining. Int J Comput Math 88(11):2233–2245.Google Scholar
- 8.Despotis DK, Smirlis YG (2002) Data envelopment analysis with imprecise data. Eur J Oper Res 140(1):24–36Google Scholar
- 17.Kim SH, Park CG, Park KS (1999) An application of data envelopment analysis in telephone offices evaluation with partial data. Comput Oper Res 26:59–72Google Scholar
- 21.Sexton TR, Silkman RH, Hogan AJ (1986) Data envelopment analysis: Critique and extensions. In: Silkman RH (ed) Measuring efficiency: an assessment of data envelopment analysis. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, pp 73–105Google Scholar
- 27.Toloo M, Nalchigar S (2011) On ranking discovered rules of data mining by data envelopment analysis: some models with wider applications. In: Funatsu K, Hasegawa K (Eds) New fundamental technologies in data mining. InTech publisher 425–446. (Online available at: http://www.intechweb.org/books/show/title/new-fundamental-technologies-in-datamining)
- 28.Toloo M (2014) An epsilon-free approach for finding the most efficient unit in DEA. Appl Math Model 38:3182–3192.Google Scholar
- 29.Toloo M, Ertay T (2014) The most cost efficient automotive vendor with price uncertainty: a new DEA approach. Meas 52:135–144.Google Scholar
- 30.Toloo M, Kresta A (2014) Finding the best asset financing alternative: a DEA-WEO approach. Meas. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2014.05.015
- 31.Toloo M (2014) The role of non-Archimedean epsilon in finding the most efficient unit: with an application of professional tennis players. Appl Math Modell. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apm.2014.04.010