Fixture layout optimization for flexible aerospace parts based on self-reconfigurable swarm intelligent fixture system
- 772 Downloads
Based on the development demand of a novel intelligent fixture system, a self-reconfigurable intelligent swarm fixture system is presented. This paper deals with the fixturing layout optimization of a flexible aerospace workpiece. A new fixturing principle, “N-2-1-1,” is put forward. The optimization procedure for fixture layout combined with genetic algorithm and finite element analysis is developed and verified by case study simulation.
KeywordsFixture layout optimization Finite element analysis Intelligent fixture Flexible workpiece
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Afzeri, Ibrahim N (2008) Hybrid optimization of Pin type fixture configuration for free form workpiece. Int J Sci Eng Tech 2(3):33–40Google Scholar
- 7.Menassa R, DeVries W (1991) Optimization methods applied to selecting support positions in fixture design. J Eng Ind Trans ASME 113:412–418Google Scholar
- 10.T. Back (1993) Optimization mutation rates in genetic search. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, CA, 1993. pp.2–9Google Scholar
- 13.Liao YJ, Hu SJ, Stephenson DA (1998) Fixture layout optimization considering workpiece-fixture contact interaction: simulation results. Transaction of NAMRI/SME 26:341–346Google Scholar
- 14.Liao YG, Khetan R, Stevenson R (2000) An experimental investigation into the deflection of a fixture-workpiece system. Transaction of NAMRI/SME 28:413–418Google Scholar
- 16.Matteo Zoppi, Li Xiong, Rezia Molfino etc. (2010) The development of the locomotion subsystem of a self-reconfigurable mobile fixture, 2010 International Conference on Mechanism and Machine Science, CCMMS2010, ShanghaiGoogle Scholar