A fast and simple algorithm for evaluation of minimum zone straightness error from coordinate data
- 183 Downloads
Various methods have been suggested in the past to determine the minimum zone straightness error, but suffer from various drawbacks. A new, fast and simple algorithm is proposed to calculate the straightness error from planar coordinate data. It guarantees the minimum zone solution. An example and test data are provided. Results of simulation experiments to establish the time computational complexity of the algorithm are also presented.
KeywordsCMM Algorithm Straightness error
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ISO (1983) Technical drawings—geometrical tolerancing—tolerancing of form, orientation, location and run-out-generalities, definitions, symbols, indications on drawings. ISO 1101:1983. International Organization for Standardization, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- 2.Walker RK (1988) CMM form tolerance algorithm testing. GIDEP Alert, #X1-A-88-01A, Government-Industry Data Exchange Program, Pomona, CAGoogle Scholar
- 12.Skiena SS (1997) The algorithm design manual. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg NewYork. http://www2.toki.or.id/book/AlgDesignManual/BOOK/BOOK2/NODE91.HTM. Cited 11 January 2006
- 13.Liu CH, Chen CK, Jywe WY (2001) Evaluation of straightness and flatness using a hybrid approach—genetic algorithms and the geometric characterization method. P I Mech Eng B-J Eng 215:377–382. DOI: 10.1243/0954405011515442Google Scholar
- 16.Montgomery DC (2001) Design and analysis of experiments. Wiley, New York, p 170Google Scholar
- 17.AutoHotKey (2005) AutoHotKey v. 1.0.29.00. http://www.autohotkey.com. Cited 11 January 2006
- 20.Lang HW (1997) Sorting algorithms, heapsort. http://www.iti.fh-flensburg.de/lang/algorithmen/sortieren/heap/heapen.htm.Cited 11 January 2006