Linear motor for ejector mechanism
- 175 Downloads
Ejector mechanism actuators in electric injection moulding machines require large thrust and low operating rate. Although the ordinary linear synchronous motor (LSM) is unfit for this machine, the linear motor presented in this paper is suitable for this use as it is compact in size and more cost effective compared to LSM.
This paper contains the new linear motor that can generate large thrusts for a short time: its mechanical design, simulated flux profile and experimental results of motor size and thrust output relationship are presented. The described linear motor has an approximate volume of 250 mm×250 mm×250 mm and generates a maximum thrust of about 20 kN at a current of 250 A.
KeywordsEjector High thrust Injection moulding machine Linear motor Voice coil motor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bang Y-B, Ito S (2002) Linear motor drive ultra high speed injection molding Machine. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part B, 215(5):773–781Google Scholar
- 3.Aoki I, Higuchi T (1992) Quick stopping system of high-speed movement by electromagnetic force and its applications. Proceedings of the third international ISEM symposium on the application of electromagnetic forces, Sendai, Japan, 28–30 January 1992, pp 523–526Google Scholar
- 4.Hojjat Y, Higuchi T (1991) Application of electromagnetic impulsive force to precise positioning. Int J Japan Soc Precision Eng 25(1):39–44Google Scholar
- 5.Nasar SA, Boldea I (1976) Linear motion electric machine. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 6.Green CW, Paul RJA (1969) Application of dc linear machine as short stroke and static actuators. Proc IEE 116:599–604Google Scholar
- 7.FANUC Linear motor catalogue (2002)Google Scholar