Multi-source uncertainty considered assembly process quality control based on surrogate model and information entropy
- 73 Downloads
As an indispensable stage of product manufacturing, assembly process plays an important role in assuring product reliability by curbing the variation of assembly quality characters. The characters, mainly affected by the uncertainty components quality and assembly process parameters, are formed in a complex process. This paper approaches the uncertainty analysis of the assembly quality characters and the determination of key quality influence factors under multi-source uncertainty. Firstly, the fuzzy theory-based analytic hierarchy process(FAHP) is carried out to identify the main factors and the information entropy method is used to transfer them into uniform uncertainty variables. Secondly, the support vector regression (SVR) method is used to establish the surrogate model between the influence factors and assembly quality characters. Monte Carlo simulation (MCS) is employed for uncertainty analysis and sensitivity analysis of assembly process on the basis of the surrogate model and data sampling, which realize the prediction of assembly quality and the determination of key process parameters. Finally, a case study of a bolt assembly process is used to verify the effectiveness of the proposed method. The proposed method in this paper is efficient and simple to apply in manufacturing applications directly.
KeywordsAssembly quality Fuzzy theory Information entropy Uncertainty analysis Sensitivity analysis
The authors gratefully acknowledge the facilities provided by the Industrial Engineering Laboratory (IEL) in Beijing Institute of Technology.
This research is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 51275049), the Project of State Department of China (Grant No. JSZL2016204B102), and the National Defense 973 Program of China (Grant No. 613243).
- Huang C, Radi B, Hami AE (2016) Uncertainty analysis of deep drawing using surrogate model based probabilistic method. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 86(9-12):1–12Google Scholar
- Isik E, Ranjbar M (2018) A review on uncertainty-based multidisciplinary design optimization (mdo) methods. In: 9th international automotive technologies congressGoogle Scholar
- Kan L, Xu J (2007) An advanced method for the sensitivity analysis of safety system. Struct Multidiscip Optim 6:1–17Google Scholar
- Morgan MG, Henrion M, Small M (1990) Uncertainty: a guide to dealing with uncertainty in quantitative risk and policy analysis. cambridge university pressGoogle Scholar
- Park S, Trieu V, Mcfadden J (2015) Sensitivity analysis of highway safety manual calibration factors using Monte-Carlo simulation. transp res record j transp res board, 2435Google Scholar
- Reynders E, Maes K, Lombaert G, De Roeck G (2015) Uncertainty quantification in operational modal analysis with stochastic subspace identification: validation and applications. Mech Syst Signal Process, 66Google Scholar
- Tao J, Jianjun C, Taibin H (2005) Transformation fuzzy variable into equivalent normal random variables in context of fuzzy reliability. J Saf Environ 5(3):78–81. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Wang D, Zhang Z (2017) Kkt condition-based smoothing recurrent neural network for nonsmooth nonconvex optimization in compressed sensing. Neural Comput Appl 4:1–16Google Scholar