A note on truss topology optimization under self-weight load: mixed-integer second-order cone programming approach
- 454 Downloads
The self-weight load is a typical design-dependent load in structural optimization. This paper presents a mixed-integer second-order cone programming approach to global optimization of truss topology under the self-weight load.
KeywordsTopology optimization Design-dependent load Self-weight load Global optimization Mixed integer programming Second-order cone programming
The work of the first author is partially supported by JSPS KAKENHI 26420545 and 15KT0109.
- Gurobi Optimization, Inc. Gurobi optimizer reference manual. http://www.gurobi.com/ (Accessed September 2016)
- IBM ILOG User’s Manual for CPLEX. http://www.ilog.com/ (Accessed September 2016)
- Kočvara M (to appear) Truss topology design by linear conic optimization. In: Terlaky T, Anjos M F, Ahmed S (eds) Advances and trends in optimization with engineering applications. SIAM, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- Mela K, Koski J (2013) Distributed loads in truss topology optimization. In: The 10th World congress on structural and multidisciplinary optimization (WCSMO 10), paper No. 5216. OrlandoGoogle Scholar
- Rozvany GIN (1977) Optimal plastic design: allowance for selfweight. J Eng Mech Div (ASCE) 103:1165–1170Google Scholar