Strongly uplifting cardinals and the boldface resurrection axioms
- 90 Downloads
We introduce the strongly uplifting cardinals, which are equivalently characterized, we prove, as the superstrongly unfoldable cardinals and also as the almost-hugely unfoldable cardinals, and we show that their existence is equiconsistent over ZFC with natural instances of the boldface resurrection axiom, such as the boldface resurrection axiom for proper forcing.
KeywordsLarge cardinals Forcing Resurrection axiom
Mathematics Subject Classification03E55 03E57
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Gitman, V., Hamkins, J.D., Johnstone, T.A.: What is the theory ZFC without Power set? Math Logic Quarterly 62(4–5):391–406 (2016)Google Scholar
- 4.Hamkins, J.D.: Forcing and Large Cardinals (book manuscript in preparation) Google Scholar
- 7.Hamkins, J.D.: A class of strong diamond principles. arXiv:math/0211419 (2002)
- 10.Johnstone, T.A.: Strongly unfoldable cardinals made indestructible. Ph.D. thesis, The Graduate Center of the City University of New York (2007)Google Scholar
- 12.Miyamoto, T.: A note on weak segments of PFA. In: Proceedings of the Sixth Asian Logic Conference (Beijing, 1996), pp. 175–197. World Scientific Publishing, River Edge (1998)Google Scholar
- 15.Villaveces, A., Leshem, A.: The failure of GCH at unfoldable cardinals. J. Symb. Log. (1999) (submitted) Google Scholar