Generic Constructions of Identity-Based and Certificateless KEMs
- First Online:
- 258 Downloads
We extend the concept of key encapsulation to the primitives of identity-based and certificateless encryption. We show that the natural combination of ID-KEMs or CL-KEMs with data encapsulation mechanisms results in encryption schemes that are secure in a strong sense. In addition, we give generic constructions of ID-KEMs and CL-KEMs that are provably secure in the random oracle model.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S.S. Al-Riyami. Cryptographic Schemes Based on Elliptic Curve Pairings. Ph.D. Thesis, University of London, 2004. Google Scholar
- S.S. Al-Riyami and K.G. Paterson. CBE from CL-PKE: A Generic Construction and Efficient Schemes. In Public Key Cryptography—PKC 2005, LNCS 3386, pp. 398–415. Springer, Berlin, 2005. Google Scholar
- S.S. Al-Riyami and K.G. Paterson. Certificateless Public Key Cryptography. In Advances in Cryptology—ASIACRYPT 2003, LNCS 2894, pp. 452–473. Springer, Berlin, 2003. Google Scholar
- M. Bellare, A. Desai, E. Jokipii and P. Rogaway. A Concrete Security Treatment of Symmetric Encryption: Analysis of the DES Modes of Operation. In 38th IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science—FOCS, pp. 94–403, 1997. Google Scholar
- D. Boneh and X. Boyen. Efficient Selective-ID Secure IBE without Random Oracles. In Advances in Cryptology—EUROCRYPT 200, LNCS 3027, pp. 223–238. Springer, Berlin, 2004. Google Scholar
- A. Dent. A Designer’s Guide to KEMs. In Cryptography and Coding, 2003, LNCS 2898, pp. 133–151. Springer, Berlin, 2003. Google Scholar
- E. Fujisaki and T. Okamoto. Secure Integration of Asymmetric and Symmetric Encryption Schemes. In Advances in Cryptology—CRYPTO ’99, LNCS 1666, pp. 537–554. Springer, Berlin, 1999. Google Scholar
- D. Pointcheval and T. Okamoto. REACT: Rapid Enhanced-Security Asymmetric Cryptosystem Transform. In Topics in Cryptography—CT-RSA 2001, LNCS 2020, pp. 159–175. Springer, Berlin, 2001. Google Scholar
- B. Waters. Efficient Identity-Based Encryption without Random Oracles. In Advances in Cryptology—EUROCRYPT 2005, LNCS 3494, pp. 114–127. Springer, Berlin, 2005. Google Scholar