A new triterpene diglycoside from the roots of Bupleurum chinense DC. and its inhibitory effect on adipogensis in 3T3-L1 cells
- 34 Downloads
A new triterpene diglycoside, tibesaikosaponin V (TKV), was isolated from the methanol extract of the roots of Bupleurum chinense DC. by normal and reversed phase column chromatography. The chemical structure of this new compound was elucidated based on extensive spectroscopic analysis, including 1D and 2D NMR, HR-ESI-MS, and chemical degradation method. Our results indicated that TKV inhibited lipid accumulation and triacylglycerol content occurred without cytotoxicity to 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Furthermore, TKV significantly suppressed the mRNA expression of nuclear transcription factors such as, peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor γ (PPARγ) and CCAAT/enhancer binding protein α (C/EBPα). These results suggest that TKV shows the ability to inhibit 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiation of and may have therapeutic potential for obesity and its associated metabolic disorders.
KeywordsBupleurum chinense DC. Triterpene diglycoside Tibesaikosaponin V
This work was financially supported by the West Light Foundation of Chinese Academy of Sciences (Y7C1031100), National Natural Science Foundation of China (21561142003, 31600281 and 41501262) Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province (BK20171269), and Qing Lan Project of Jiangsu Province.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Committee of National Pharmacopoeia (2015) China pharmacopoeia, Vol. 1. Beijing, China, p 280Google Scholar
- Liang H, Zhao YY, Qiu HY, Huang J, Zhang RY (1998) A new saikosaponin from Bupleurum chinense DC. Acta Pharm Sin 33:37–41Google Scholar
- Liang H, Cui YJ, Zhao YY, Wang B, Yang WX, Yu Y (2001a) Saikosaponin v-2 from Bupleurum Chinense. Chin Chem Lett 12:331–332Google Scholar
- Liang H, Han ZY, Zhao YY, Wang B, Cui YX, Yang WX, Yu Y (2001b) Saikosaponin q-1 from Bupleurum chinense. Acta Bot Sin 43:198–200Google Scholar
- Liang ZT, Qin MJ, Wang ZT, Yu GD (2001c) The advance on the research of saponins of Bupleurum. Nat Prod Res Dev 13:67–72Google Scholar
- Lorrai I, Maccioni P, Carai MA, Capra A, Castelli MP, Riva A, Morazzoni P, Gessa GL, Colombo G (2017) Suppressing effect of saikosaponin A, an active ingredient of Bupleurum falcatum, on chocolate self-administration and reinstatement of chocolate seeking in rats. Neurosci Lett 638:211–217CrossRefGoogle Scholar