Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of novel N-substituted 4-ethylsulfanyl-2-pyridones and triazolopyridines
- 51 Downloads
The design and development of new methods for the synthesis of antimicrobial drugs is an important goal currently for medicinal chemistry. Sixteen novel N-substituted-amino-, N-arylsulfonylamino-, and N-aryl-4-ethylsulfanyl-2-pyridones were synthesized. Antimicrobial activities of the compounds were evaluated against four fungal and eight bacterial strains. Antimicrobial results showed that compound 14b had excellent activities as compared to all other newly synthesized compounds and a variety of standard ones against a variety of bacterial and fungal strains. Triazolo[1,5-a]pyridines 10c and 10e showed as well marked activities toward three of the tested Gram-negative bacteria.
Keywords2-Pyridones N-cyanoacetohydrazide Cyanoaceto-N-phenylsulfonylhydrazide Antimicrobial activity
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- Elgemeie GH, Abu-Zaied MA, Loutfy SA (2017) 4-Aminoantipyrine in carbohydrate research: design, synthesis and anticancer activity of a novel class of derivatives of 4-aminoantipyrine thioglycosides and their corresponding pyrazolopyrimidine and pyrazolopyridine thioglycosides. Tetrahedron 73:5853–5861CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Elgemeie GH, Jones PG (2002) N-[3-Cyano-2-oxo-5,6,7,8-tetrahydroquinoline-1(2H)-yl]-4-methylbenzenesulfonamide. Acta Cryst E58:1250–1251Google Scholar
- Elgemeie GH, Jones PG (2016) Crystal structure of 1-amino-2-oxo-2,5,6,7,8,9-hexahydro-1H-cyclohepta[b]pyridine-3-carbonitrile. Acta Cryst E72:1239–1241Google Scholar
- Elgemeie GH, Mahmoud MA, Jones PG (2002) N-(3-Cyano-2-oxo-2,5,6,7,8,9-hexahydro-1H-cyclohepta[b]pyridin-1-yl)-4-methylbenzenesulfonamide. Acta Cryst E58:1293–1295Google Scholar
- Fassihi A, Abedi D, Saghaie L, Sabet R, Fazeli H, Bostaki G, Deilami O, Sadinpour H (2009) Synthesis, antimicrobial evaluation and QSAR study of some 3-hydroxy-pyridine-4-one and 3-hydroxypyran-4-one derivatives Eur J Med Chem 44:2145–2157. https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/391346(NSC690376), 391347 (NSC690377), 391348 (NSC690378), 391349 (NSC690379), 391350 (NSC690380), 391351 (NSC690381)CrossRefGoogle Scholar