Synthesis and anticancer activity evaluation of new 1,2,3-triazole-4-carboxamide derivatives
- 689 Downloads
Anticancer screening of several novel 1,2,3-triazoles has been performed. The 1,2,3-triazole derivatives were synthesized from available starting materials according to the convenient synthetic procedures using a multicomponent reaction which gave a wide access to triazole derivatives production. The synthesized compounds were tested for their anticancer activity in NCI60 cell lines. It was observed that some compounds showed remarkable anticancer activity. Two of them possessed a significant activity on leukemia, melanoma, non-small cell lung, CNS, ovarian, renal, and breast cancer. 5-Amino-1-p-tolyl-1H-[1,2,3]triazole-4-carboxylic acid (2,5-dichloro-phenyl)-amide showed a significant correlation in COMPARE analysis.
KeywordsAnticancer activity 1,2,3-Triazole-4-carboxamide COMPARE analysis Molecular docking
The authors are grateful to Dr. V. L. Narayanan from the Drug Synthesis and Chemistry Branch, the National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA, for his help in in vitro evaluation of anticancer activity.
Conflict of interest
The authors have declared no conflict of interest.
- Alvarez R, Velazquez S, San-Felix A, Aquaro S, De Clercq E, Perno CF, Karlsson A, Balzarini J, Camarasa MJ (1994) 1,2,3-Triazole-[2,5-Bis-O-(tert-butyldimethylsilyl)-.beta.-D-ribofuranosyl]-3’-spiro-5″-(4″-amino-1″,2″-oxathiole 2″,2″-dioxide) (TSAO) Analogs: synthesis and Anti-HIV-1 Activity. J Med Chem 37:4185–4194CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Boyd MR (1997) In: Teicher BA (ed) Cancer Drug Discovery and Development, vol 2. Humana Press, Totowa, pp 23–43Google Scholar
- Chakrabarti JK, Hotten TM, Pullar IA, Steggles DJ (1989) Heteroarenobenzodiazepines. 6. Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of CNS activities of [1,2,3]triazolo[4,5-b][1,5]-, imidazolo[4,5,-b][1,5]-, and pyrido[2,3-b][1,5]benzodiazepines. 10-Piperazinyl-4H-1,2,3-triazolo[4,5-b][1,5]benzodiazepines with neuroleptic activity. J Med Chem 32:2375–2381CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Fass RJ, Prior RB (1978) Comparative activities of oral cephalosporins and competitive antibiotics against recent clinical isolates. Curr Ther Res 24:352–365Google Scholar
- http://dtp.nci.nih.gov. Accessed 17 Oct 2013
- http://dtp.nci.nih.gov/docs/compare/compare.html. Accessed 17 Oct 2013
- Moltzen EK, Pedersen H, Bogeso KP, Meier E, Frederiksen K, Sanchez C, Lembol KL (1994) Bioisosteres of arecoline: 1,2,3,6-tetrahydro-5-pyridyl-substituted and 3-piperidyl-substituted derivatives of tetrazoles and 1,2,3-triazoles. Synthesis and muscarinic activity. J Med Chem 37:4085–4099CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Monks A, Scudiero D, Skehan P, Shoemaker R, Paull K, Vistica D, Hose C, Langley J, Cronise P, Vaigro-Wolff A, Gray-Goodrich M, Campbell H, Mayo J, Boyd M (1991) Feasibility of a high-flux anticancer drug screen using a diverse panel of cultured human tumor cell lines. J Nat Cancer Inst 83:757–766CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Olesen PH, Sorensen AR, Urso B, Kurtzhals P, Bowler AN, Ehrbar U, Hansen BF (2003) Synthesis and in vitro characterization of 1-(4-aminofurazan-3-yl)-5-dialkylaminomethyl-1H-[1,2,3]triazole-4-carboxylic acid derivatives. A New Class of Selective GSK-3 Inhibitors. J Med Chem 46:3333–3341CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Paull KD, Shoemaker RH, Hodes L, Monks A, Scudiero DA, Rubinstein L, Plowman J, Boyd MR (1989) Display and analysis of patterns of differential activity of drugs against human tumor cell lines: development of mean graph and COMPARE algorithm. J Nat Cancer Inst 81:1088–1092CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Pokhodylo NT, Matiychuk VS, Obushak MD (2009b) Synthesis of triazoles via regioselective reactions of aryl azides with cyanoacetyl pyrroles and indoles. Synthesis 8:1297–1300Google Scholar
- Portmann R, Hofmeier UC, Burkhard A, Scherrer W, Szelagiewicz M (1998) Crystal modification of 1-(2,6-difluorobenzyl)- 1H-1,2,3-triazole-4-carboxamide and its use as antiepileptic. number WO/1998/056772Google Scholar