Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of novel ethyl 1-(N-substituted)-5-phenyl-1H-pyrazole-4-carboxylate derivatives
- 331 Downloads
In the present study, a novel series of Pyrazole derivatives (3a–m) were synthesized by condensing ethyl-3-(dimethylamino)-2-(phenylcarbonyl)prop-2-enoate with different aromatic and aliphatic hydrazines. These newly synthesized compounds were characterized by NMR, mass spectral, IR spectral studies as well as by C, H, and N analyses. All the newly synthesized compounds were screened for their antibacterial properties against Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus subtilis, Escherichia coli, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Among the screened samples, 3c, 3f, 3k, and 3l have showed excellent antibacterial activity against all the tested bacterial strains as compared to the standard drug Ceftriaxone. Few of the compounds were found to be biologically potent. Molecular structure of compound 3i was confirmed by single crystal X-ray analysis.
KeywordsPyrazole Antibacterial study MIC
AMI is thankful to Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences, Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India for the “Yong Scientist” award.
- Bernard AM, Cocco MT, Maccioni A, Plumitallo A (1985) Phytotoxic activity in pyrazole derivatives 1. Il Farm Ed Sci 40:259–271Google Scholar
- Isloor AM, Kalluraya B, Rao M (2000) Synthesis of 3-aryl-4-(substituted Pyrazolidene hydrazine-4-thiazolyl) sydnones as possible analgesic and anticonvulsant agents. J Saudi Chem Soc 4:265–270Google Scholar
- Kalluraya B, Jagadeesha RL, Isloor AM (2004) Synthesis and pharmacological activity of some 4-(substituted)-2-[4-arylhydrazono-3-methyl-5-oxo-2-pyrazolin-1-yl] thiazoles. Indian J Het Chem 13:245–248Google Scholar
- Mackie, McCartney (1989) Practical medical microbiology, vol. 13, Churchill Livingstone, UKGoogle Scholar
- Sunil D, Isloor AM, Shetty P (2009) Synthesis, characterization and anticancer activity of 1,2,4-Triazolo[3,4-b]-1,3,4-thiadiazoles on HepG2 cell lines. Der Pharma Chem 1:19–26Google Scholar