Synthesis of 1-(4-((E)-3-arylacryloyl) phenyl)-3,4-dibromo-1H-pyrrole-2,5-diones and screening for anti-Candida and antituberculosis activity
- 286 Downloads
A series of eleven 1-(4-((E)-3-arylacryloyl) phenyl)-3,4 dibromo-1H-pyrrole-2,5-diones (4′-aminochalcone-based dibromomaleimides) were synthesized using maleic anhydride and p-aminoacetophenone as starting material. Furthermore, there has been some additional work investigating the effect of these derivatives on biological activity. They were characterized using FTIR, 1H NMR, 13C NMR, ESI mass spectroscopy, and elemental analysis. The compounds show anti-Candida & antituberculosis activity.
Keywords1-(4-((E)-3-arylacryloyl) phenyl)-3,4 dibromo-1H-pyrrole-2,5-diones Anti-Candida Antituberculosis
The author wish to thank the Department of Applied Chemistry, SVNIT, Surat, for providing laboratory facilities and D. P. Rajani, Microcare Laboratory, Surat, for antimicrobial activity determinations. Analytical facilities providing by the Centre of Excellence, Vapi, Oxygen Healthcare Research Lab, Ahmedabad, and Central Salt & Marine Chemicals Research Institute, Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India, are gratefully acknowledged.
- Guzel O, Terzioglu N, Çapan G, Salman A (2006) Synthesis and biological evaluation of new 5-methyl-N-(3-oxo-1-thia-4-azaspiro[4.5]-dec-4-yl)-3-phenyl-1H-indole-2-carboxamide derivatives. Arkivoc 12:98–110Google Scholar
- Judge V, Narasimhan B, Ahuja M, Sriram, D, Yogeeswari P, Clercq ED, Pannecouque C, Balzarini J (2011) Isonicotinic acid hydrazide derivatives: synthesis, antimicrobial activity, and QSAR studies. Med Chem Res. doi: 10.1007/s00044-011-9662-9
- Lee HS, Yu JS, Lee CK (2009) Use of correlation of 1H and 13C chemical shifts of N-arylsuccinanilic acids, N-arylsuccinimides, N-arylmaleanilic acids, and N-arylmaleimides with the Hammett substituent constants for the studies of electronic effects. Bull Korean Chem Soc 30:2351–2354CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Patel JR, Dholakiya BZ (2011) Synthesis, characterization and antimicrobial activity of 4′-aminochalcone-based dibromomaleimides. Der Pharm Chem 3:458–466Google Scholar
- Patil CB, Mahajan SK, Katti SA (2009) Chalcone—a versatile molecule. J Pharm Sci Res 1:11–22Google Scholar
- Perrin DD, Armarego WLF (1988) Purification of laboratory chemicals. Pergamon Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Rani M, Parthiban P, Ramachandran R, Kabilan S (2011) Design and synthesis of novel piperazine unit condensed 2,6-diarylpiperidin-4-one derivatives as antituberculosis and antimicrobial agents. Med Chem Res. doi: 10.1007/s00044-011-9573-9
- Rattan A (2000) Antimicrobials in laboratory medicine. BI Churchill Livingstone, New Delhi, p. 85Google Scholar
- Silverstein RM, Webster FX (1997) Spectrometric identification of organic compounds, 6th edn. John Wiley & Sons, New York, pp 79–223Google Scholar