Phase Retrievable Projective Representation Frames for Finite Abelian Groups
- 134 Downloads
We consider the problem of characterizing projective representations that admit frame vectors with the maximal span property, a property that allows for an algebraic recovering for the phase-retrieval problem. For a given multiplier \(\mu \) of a finite abelian group G, we show that the representation dimension of any irreducible \(\mu \)-projective representation of G is exactly the rank of the symmetric multiplier matrix associated with \(\mu \). With the help of this result we are able to prove that every irreducible \(\mu \)-projective representation of a finite abelian group G admits a frame vector with the maximal span property, and obtain a complete characterization for all such frame vectors. Consequently the complement of the set of all the maximal span frame vectors for any projective unitary representation of any finite abelian group is Zariski-closed. These generalize some of the recent results about phase-retrieval with Gabor (or STFT) measurements.
KeywordsPhase retrieval Frames Group representations
Mathematics Subject ClassificationPrimary 42C15 46C05 20C25 20K01
The authors thank the referees very much for carefully reading the paper and for several elaborate and valuable suggestions. Deguang Han is partially supported by the NSF Grants DMS-1403400 and DMS-1712602, and Lan Li is partially supported by Natural Science Basic Research Plan in Shaanxi Province of China (No. 2017JM1046).
- 3.Balan, R.: Stability of phase retrievable frames. In: Proceedings of SPIE, Wavelets and Sparsity XV, 88580H (2013)Google Scholar
- 6.Balan, R., Casazza, P.G., Edidin, D.: On signal reconstruction from the absolute value of the frame coefficients. In: Proceedings of SPIE, vol. 5914, pp. 1–8 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Balan, R., Bodmann, B.G., Casazza, P.G., Edidin, D.: Fast algorithms for signal reconstruction without phase. In: Proceedings of SPIE-Wavelets XII, San Diego, vol. 6701, pp. 670111920–670111932 (2007)Google Scholar
- 13.Bendory, T., Eldar, Y.C.: A least squares approach for stable phase retrieval from short-time Fourier transform magnitude, preprint arXiv:1510.00920 (2015)
- 21.Cheng, C., Fu, J.: On the rings of projective characters of Abelian groups and Dihedral groups, preprint (2016)Google Scholar
- 24.Eldar, Y.C., Hammen, N., Mixon, D.: Recent advances in phase retrieval. In: IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, pp. 158–162 (September 2016)Google Scholar
- 26.Jaganathan, K., Eldar, Y.C., Hassibi, B.: Phase retrieval: an overview of recent developments. arXiv:1510.07713