Residually finite non-exact groups
- 226 Downloads
We construct the first examples of residually finite non-exact groups.
Keywords and phrasesGroup exactness Residual finiteness Graphical small cancellation
Mathematics Subject Classification20F69 20F06 46B85
- Ago13.Ian Agol. The virtual Haken conjecture. Doc. Math. 18(2013), 1045–1087. With an appendix by Agol, Daniel Groves, and Jason Manning. MR3104553Google Scholar
- BO08.Nathanial P. Brown and Narutaka Ozawa. C*-algebras and finite-dimensional approximations, Graduate Studies in Mathematics, vol. 88. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, (2008). MR2391387Google Scholar
- HW14.G. C. Hruska and Daniel T. Wise. Finiteness properties of cubulated groups. Compos. Math., (3)150 (2014), 453–506. MR3187627Google Scholar
- Osa14.Damian Osajda. Small cancellation labellings of some infinite graphs and appli- cations, arXiv preprint arXiv:1406.5015 (2014)
- Pri89.Stephen J. Pride. Some problems in combinatorial group theory, Groups—Korea 1988 (Pusan, 1988), (1989), pp. 146–155. MR1032822Google Scholar
- Roe03.John Roe. Lectures on coarse geometry. University Lecture Series, vol. 31, Amer- ican Mathematical Society, Providence, RI (2003). MR2007488Google Scholar
- Wis17.Daniel T. Wise. The structure of groups with quasiconvex hierarchy. Annals of Mathematics Studies, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ (2017) to appearGoogle Scholar
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made.