Improved Wideband Adaptive Transmit Nulling Using Subband Phase-Only Pattern Synthesis
The phase-only transmit nulling method is widely used in narrowband arrays, but there are few reports of its application in wideband arrays. This paper describes the implementation of adaptive transmit nulls in wideband arrays based on subband phase-only pattern synthesis behind each array element. The filter bank behind each array element partitions the transmit signal into independent subbands and utilizes a phase shifter group in each subband to form frequency invariant spatial nulls in the array’s transmit pattern. The scheme developed in this paper includes an algorithm for computing a wideband phase-only weight vector and a subband phase-only adaptive signal processing method based on band partitioning. The validity of the scheme is proven by theoretical analysis and simulation experiments.
KeywordsWideband array Adaptive transmit nulling Band partitioning Phase-only
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos. 41830110, 61771182).
- 1.D.A. Day, Fast phase-only pattern nulling for large phased array antennas, in 2009 IEEE Radar Conference, Pasadena, CA, USA (2009), pp. 1–4Google Scholar
- 6.S.R. Jain, R. Saxena, S.C. Saxena, Multirate Systems and Filterbanks (LAP LAMBERT, Germany, 2011)Google Scholar
- 8.N. Pang, H.Q. Mu, P.J. Xu, Wide-band digital down conversion technique based on poly-phase filter, in IET International Radar Conference 2015, Hangzhou, China (2015), pp. 1–5Google Scholar
- 11.X.D. Wang, C.L. Chen, W.D. Jiang, Implementation of real-time LCMV adaptive digital beamforming technology, in 2018 International Conference on Electronics Technology (ICET), Chengdu, China (2018), pp. 134–137Google Scholar
- 12.S. Weiss, R.W. Stewart, On adaptive filtering in oversampled sub-bands, University of Strathclyde (1998)Google Scholar
- 14.X.G. Zhu, K. Zhang, A study on compensation of aperture fill time based on frequency-shifting, in IET International Radar Conference 2013, Xi’an, China (2013), pp. 1–4Google Scholar