Generalized Fractional Filter-Based Algorithm for Image Denoising
- 153 Downloads
This paper presents a new algorithm for image denoising using a fractional integral mask of the K-operator. K-operator is the generalized fractional operator, and it reduces to Riemann–Liouville and Caputo fractional derivatives in a special case. The proposed algorithm is applied to digital images of different nature to demonstrate the performance of image denoising. Experimental results are compared with other existing filters together with block matching and 3-D filtering, and weighted nuclear norm minimization-based approaches. The obtained experimental results show that the proposed algorithm is computationally efficient and its average performance is comparatively better than other discussed methods.
KeywordsFractional calculus Difference equations Interpolation Texture Image denoising
The authors sincerely thank the Editor and reviewers for their constructive comments to improve the quality of the manuscript.
- 1.A. Aboshosha, M. Hassan, M. Ashour, M. El Mashade, Image denoising based on spatial filters, an analytical study, in International Conference on Computer Engineering & Systems, 2009. ICCES 2009 (IEEE, 2009), pp. 245–250Google Scholar
- 16.R.C. Gonzalez, R.E. Woods, Digital Image Processing, vol. 455, 2nd edn. (Publishing House of Electronics Industry, Beijing, 2002)Google Scholar
- 17.S. Gu, L. Zhang, W. Zuo, X. Feng, Weighted nuclear norm minimization with application to image denoising, in Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (2014), pp. 2862–2869Google Scholar
- 18.H. Guo, X. Li, C. Qing-li, W. Ming-rong, Image denoising using fractional integral, in IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering (CSAE), 2012, vol. 2 (IEEE, 2012), pp. 107–112Google Scholar
- 25.J. Hu, Y.F. Pu, J. Zhou, A novel image denoising algorithm based on Riemann–Liouville definition. JCP 6(7), 1332–1338 (2011)Google Scholar
- 26.M.R. Islam, C. Xu, R.A. Raza, Y. Han, An effective weighted hybrid regularizing approach for image noise reduction. Circuits Syst. Signal Process. 38(1), 1–24 (2018)Google Scholar
- 27.V. Jain, H.S. Seung, Natural image denoising with convolutional networks. in Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (Curran Associates Inc., 2008), pp. 769–776Google Scholar
- 38.R.K. Pandey, O.P. Agrawal, Comparison of four numerical schemes for isoperimetric constraint fractional variational problems with A-operator. In: ASME 2015 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, pp. V009T07A025–V009T07A025. American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2015)Google Scholar
- 41.J. Polack, Time domain solution of Kirchhoff’s equation for sound propagation in viscothermal gases: a diffusion process. J. Acoust. 4, 47–67 (1991)Google Scholar
- 45.S.G. Samko, A.A. Kilbas, O.I. Marichev, Fractional integrals and derivatives (Gordon and Breach Science Publishers, Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland, 1993)Google Scholar