High Performance Four-Quadrant Analog Multiplier Using DXCCII
- 52 Downloads
This paper presents a four-quadrant analog multiplier using a single dual-X second-generation current conveyor (DXCCII). The proposed analog multiplier employs two NMOS transistors operating in triode region, besides a single DXCCII. The performances of the proposed analog multiplier are verified through PSPICE simulation using 0.18 μm TSMC CMOS process parameters. Simulation results reveal that the circuit has a − 3 dB bandwidth of 19.30 GHz and 0.79% total harmonic distortion for the input voltage of 250 mV. The application of proposed analog multiplier as a squarer, for amplitude modulation and as frequency doubler are also included. The detailed comparisons with existing literature justify the novelty of the proposed circuit.
KeywordsFour-quadrant analog multiplier Dual-X second-generation current conveyors (DXCCIIs) Amplitude modulator (AM) Squarer circuit Frequency doubler
The authors thank anonymous reviewers and the EIC, Prof. MNS Swamy, for recommending this paper.
- 5.M. Kumngern, A DXCCII-based four-quadrant multiplier, in IEEE 7th International Power Engineering and Optimization Conference (PEOCO2013), Langkawi, Malaysia. 3–4 June (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.S. Maheshwari, M.S. Ansari, Catalog of realizations for DXCCII using commercially available ICs and applications. Radioengineering 21, 281–289 (2012)Google Scholar
- 9.I. Myderrizi, S. Minaei, E. Yuce, CCII+ based fully CMOS four-quadrant multiplier, in IEEE CCECE 759 Niagara falls Canada (2011)Google Scholar
- 12.W. Petchakit, W. Kiranon, P. Wardkien, S. Petchakit, A current-mode CCCII-based analog multiplier/divider, in Proceedings of International Conference on Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON), Chiang Mai, Thailand, pp. 221–224, 19–21 May (2010)Google Scholar
- 14.S. Roy, T.K. Paul, R.R. Pal, A new method of realization of four-quadrant analog multiplier using operational amplifiers and MOSFETs. J. Phys. Sci. 22(20), 163–173 (2017)Google Scholar
- 17.A. Zeki, A. U. Keskin, A. Toker, DXCCII-based four-quadrant analog multipliers using triode MOSFETs, in Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ELECO 05), Bursa, Turkey, 7–11 December, pp. 41–45 (2005)Google Scholar