Design of Low-Complexity IFRM-UMFB Architecture for Wideband Digital Receivers
- 71 Downloads
Modulated filter bank with low complexity is the key to realize the engineering applications for speech signal processing, multicarrier communication, and wideband digital receivers. The frequency response masking (FRM) technology is an effective method to design finite impulse response filters with narrow transition band (NTB). In this paper, an interpolation FRM unified modulated filter bank (IFRM-UMFB) architecture with NTB is proposed to reduce the computational complexity of the modulated filter bank architecture. The IFRM approach increases the transition band of two masking filters by the interpolation of N and reduces the computational complexity of two masking filters compared with classic FRM approach. The proposed IFRM-UMFB architecture with NTB is suitable for different odd-stacked or even-stacked, maximally decimated or non-maximally decimated structures. The proposed IFRM-UMFB architecture with NTB is verified to be correct through simulation. The complexity comparison result shows that the proposed IFRM-UMFB architecture offers multipliers reduction of 77.4% over the directly design approach and 26.5% over the classic FRM approach. Moreover, the proposed IFRM-UMFB architecture with NTB also can be directly applied to wideband digital receivers with high sampling rate.
KeywordsWideband digital receivers Unified modulated filter bank Interpolation frequency response masking Narrow transition band
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant 61571146 and in part by the Foundation of Key Laboratory of Dynamic Cognitive System of Electromagnetic Spectrum Space (Nanjing Univ. Aeronaut. Astronaut.), Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, Nanjing, 211106, China under Grant KF20181904.
- 7.T. Chen, P.C. Li, W.X. Zhang, Y. Liu, A novel channelized FB architecture with narrow transition bandwidth based on CEM FRM. Ann. Telecommun.-Ann. Des Telecommun. 71(1), 1–7 (2015)Google Scholar
- 25.N. Li, B. Nowrouzian, Application of frequency-response masking technique to the design of a novel modified-DFT filter bank. IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems IEEE. 4 (2006)Google Scholar
- 26.W.Y. Luo, S.P. Liu, L.Z. Zhang, A novel variable bandwidth FRM filter. J. Circuits Syst. 14(6), 42–47 (2009)Google Scholar
- 30.T. Shen, Y.C. Lim, Low complexity frequency-response masking filters using modified structure based on serial masking. Eur. Signal Process. pp. 1400–1404 (2011)Google Scholar
- 33.D. Sunedh, A.P. Vinod, Design and FPGA implementation of reconfigurable linear-phase digital filter with wide cutoff frequency range and narrow transition bandwidth. IEEE Trans. Circuits Syst. 63, 181–185 (2016)Google Scholar
- 43.W.X. Zhang, C.J. Zhang, J. Zhang, Implement of Efficient Channelized Receiver Based on FPGA. In: 2011 7th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing. 1–4 (2011)Google Scholar