Firefly Algorithm-Based Particle Filter for Nonlinear Systems
- 87 Downloads
A particle filter (PF) has been considered one of the most useful tools for nonlinear non-Gaussian systems. However, the estimation accuracy is limited by sample impoverishment due to resampling. Therefore, a firefly algorithm-based PF is proposed to solve this problem. In the proposed algorithm, the resampling step is performed based on the firefly algorithm. Finally, simulations are conducted to illustrate the superior performance of the proposed algorithm over that of a PF and a regularized particle filter.
KeywordsParticle filter Sample impoverishment Firefly algorithm Nonlinear system
Funding was provided by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 61573113).
- 14.C. Musso, N. Oudjane, F.L. Gland. Improving regularized particle filters. IOP Publishing Physics Web. (2001). https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281913789_Improving_regularized_particle_filters. Accessed Jan 2001
- 15.S.S. Mahtab, R. Abdolah, P. Naser, Classifying the weights of particle filters in nonlinear systems. Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simul. 31(1–3), 69–75 (2016)Google Scholar
- 17.H. Nobahari, A. Sharifi, A Novel Heuristic filter based on ant colony optimization for non-linear systems state estimation. Commun. Comput. Inf. Sci. 316, 20–29 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.H. Nobahari, M. Raoufi, A. Sharifi. A heuristic filter based on Firefly Algorithm for nonlinear state estimation. In: Proceedings of 2016 IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence. (2016)Google Scholar
- 27.D.L. Zhang, H.W. Xia, G.C. Ma et al., Particle filter based on firefly algorithm optimization for relative navigation of non-cooperative target. J. Chin. Inert. Technol. 25(2), 269–274 (2017)Google Scholar