Neural Adaptive Compensation Control for a Class of MIMO Uncertain Nonlinear Systems with Actuator Failures
- 296 Downloads
A neural adaptive compensation control scheme for a class of multi-input multi-ouput (MIMO) uncertain nonlinear systems with actuator failures is proposed based on prescribed performance bound (PPB) transient performance which characterizes the convergence rate and maximum overshoot of the tracking error. RBF neural networks are used to approximate the error of plant model, the control law proposed can guarantee the asymptotic output tracking and closed-loop signal bounds. The control scheme is applied to a twin otter aircraft longitudinal nonlinear dynamics model in the presence of unknown failures. Simulation results demonstrate the effectiveness of the proposed method.
KeywordsAdaptive compensation control Neural networks MIMO nonlinear systems Actuator failure Prescribed performance bound
This work is supported by the National Nature Science Foundation of China under Grants 61074063 and National University Foundational Research Funds of NUAA under grants NZ2012007, NS2013032.
- 4.M. Chen, C. Jiang, Q. Zong, Adaptive H ∞ control of a class of uncertain nonlinear systems based on RBF neural networks. J. Control Theory Appl. 20(1), 27–32 (2003) Google Scholar
- 6.J. Jiang, Design of reconfigurable control systems using eigenstructure assignments. International Journal of Control, 395–410 (1994) Google Scholar
- 7.P. Li, G. Yang, Adaptive fuzzy control of unknown nonlinear systems with actuator failures for robust output tracking, in Proceedings of the 2005 American Control Conference (IEEE, New York, 2005), pp. 4862–4867 Google Scholar
- 10.X. Qiu, S. Zhang, C. Liu, Backstepping adaptive compensation control for a class of MIMO nonlinear systems with actuator failures, in Proceedings of the 32nd Chinese Control Conference, Xian, China (2013), pp. 6088–6093 Google Scholar
- 12.W. Sun, Z. Zhao, H. Gao, Saturated adaptive robust control for active suspension systems. IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron. 60(9), 1072–1079 (2013) Google Scholar
- 16.G. Tao, Adaptive control of systems with actuator failures, in Control and Decision Conference, Yantai, China (2008), pp. 53–54 Google Scholar
- 22.S. Zhang, C. Liu, S. Hu, Robust adaptive control for a class of nonlinear systems using backstepping based on RBF neural network. J. Syst. Eng. Electron. 32(3), 635–637 (2010) Google Scholar
- 23.S. Zhang, C. Liu, S. Hu, Adaptive fault-tolerant control for multi-input-multi-output minimum-phase systems with actuator failures. Control Theory Appl. 27(9), 1190–1194 (2010) Google Scholar