Sliding Mode Observer-Based Fault Estimation for Nonlinear Networked Control Systems
- 466 Downloads
In this paper, a novel sliding mode observer-based fault estimation (FE) method is presented for a class of nonlinear networked control systems (NCSs) with Markov transfer delays. Firstly, the nonlinear NCS is described by a nonlinear discrete Takagi–Sugeno (T–S) fuzzy model using the Euler approximation method. Then, a sliding mode based nonlinear discrete observer is proposed such that the sliding motion of the error dynamical system is asymptotically stable on a designed surface. Then the FE can be achieved through this observer. Finally, an example is included to show the efficiency of the proposed method.
KeywordsFault estimation Nonlinear networked control systems Sliding mode observer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.V. Cocquempot, T. Mezyani, M. Staroswiecki, Fault detection and isolation for hybrid systems using structured parity residuals, in Proc. of 5th Asian Control Conference (2004), pp. 1204–1212 Google Scholar
- 9.B. Jiang, F. Chowdhury, Observer-based fault diagnosis for a class of nonlinear systems, in Proc. of American Control Conference, Boston, Massachusetts (2004), pp. 5671–5675 Google Scholar
- 12.A. Leonardo, P. Francesc, Sliding mode control of hysteretic structural systems. Int. J. Innov. Comput. Inf. Control 5(4), 1081–1088 (2009) Google Scholar
- 15.Z.H. Mao, B. Jiang, V. Cocquempot, P. Shi, Observer-based fault estimation for networked control systems with transfer delays, in Proc. of 17th IFAC World Congress, Seoul, Korea (2008), pp. 1902–1907 Google Scholar
- 16.P. Mendez-Monroy, H. Benitez-Perez, Supervisory fuzzy control for networked control systems. ICIC Express Lett. 3(2), 233–238 (2009) Google Scholar
- 24.Y. Wang, Z. Sun, H ∞ control of networked control system via LMI approach. Int. J. Innov. Comput. Inf. Control 3(2), 343–352 (2007) Google Scholar
- 26.M. Zhang, Z. Yu, H. Huan, Y. Zhou, The sliding mode variable structure control based on composite reaching law of active magnetic bearing. ICIC Express Lett. 2(1), 59–63 (2008) Google Scholar
- 27.P. Zhang, S.X. Ding, Fault detection of networked control systems with limited communication, in Proc. of the 6th IFAC Safeprocess, Beijing (2006), pp. 1135–1140 Google Scholar