CYCLIC ACTIONS ON RATIONAL RULED SYMPLECTIC FOUR-MANIFOLDS
Let (M, ω) be a ruled symplectic four-manifold. If (M, ω) is rational, then every homologically trivial symplectic cyclic action on (M, ω) is the restriction of a Hamiltonian circle action.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Cannas da Silva, Lectures on Symplectic Geometry, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 1764, Springer–Verlag, Berlin, 2001.Google Scholar
- W. Chen, Group actions on 4-manifolds: some recent results and open questions, in: Proceedings of the Gökova Geometry–Topology Conference 2009, Int. Press, Somerville, MA, 2010, pp. 1–21.Google Scholar
- R. Chiang, L. Kessler, Homologically trivial symplectic cyclic actions need not extend to Hamiltonian circle actions, to appear in J. Topology and Analysis, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1142/S1793525319500742.
- A. L. Edmonds, A survey of group actions on 4-manifolds, arXiv:0907.0454v3 (2016).Google Scholar
- R. Guadagni, Symplectic neighborhood of crossing divisors, arXiv:1611.02363v1 (2016).Google Scholar
- Y. Karshon, Periodic Hamiltonian flows on four dimensional manifolds, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc. 141 (1999), no. 672, viii+71 pp.Google Scholar
- D. McDuff, The structure of rational and ruled symplectic 4-manifolds, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 3 (1990), no. 3, 679–712, Erratum, J. Amer. Math. Soc. 5 (1992), no. 4, 987–988.Google Scholar
- D. McDuff, D. Salamon, Introduction to Symplectic Topology, Third edition, Oxford Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2017.Google Scholar
- D. McDuff, D. Salamon, J-holomorphic Curves and Symplectic Topology, American Mathematical Society Colloquium Publications, Vol. 52, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, 2004.Google Scholar
- A. S. McRae, Darboux Theorems for Pairs of Submanifolds, Thesis (Ph.D.), State University of New York at Stony Brook, 1994, 88 pp.Google Scholar