On a dynamic boundary condition for singular degenerate parabolic equations in a half space
- 60 Downloads
We consider the initial value problem for a fully-nonlinear degenerate parabolic equation with a dynamic boundary condition in a half space. Our setting includes geometric equations with singularity such as the level-set mean curvature flow equation. We establish a comparison principle for a viscosity sub- and supersolution. We also prove existence of solutions and Lipschitz regularity of the unique solution. Moreover, relation to other types of boundary conditions is investigated by studying the asymptotic behavior of the solution with respect to a coefficient of the dynamic boundary condition.
KeywordsDynamic boundary condition Geometric equations Comparison principle Viscosity solutions
Mathematics Subject ClassificationPrimary 35K20 Secondary 35B51 35D40
The authors are grateful to Professor Moto-Hiko Sato who initiated this project with useful suggestions. The authors also thank the anonymous referees for his/her careful reading of the manuscript and valuable comments.
- 24.Fila, M., Ishige, K., Kawakami, T.: The large diffusion limit for the heat equation with a dynamical boundary condition, arXiv:1806.06308
- 29.Giga, Y.: Surface evolution equations: a level set approach, Monographs in Mathematics, 99, Birkhauser Verlag, Basel, xii+264 pp (2006)Google Scholar
- 31.Giga, Y., Onoue, F., Takasao, K.: A varifold formulation of mean curvature flow with Dirichlet or dynamic boundary condition, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 34.Hamamuki, N., Liu, Q.: A game-theoretic approach to dynamic boundary problems for level-set curvature flow equations and applications, in preparationGoogle Scholar
- 35.Hamamuki, N., Liu, Q.: A deterministic game interpretation for fully nonlinear parabolic equations with dynamic boundary conditions, in preparationGoogle Scholar