On total Springer representations for classical types
- 32 Downloads
We give explicit formulas on total Springer representations for classical types. We also describe the characters of restrictions of such representations to a maximal parabolic subgroup isomorphic to a symmetric group. As a result, we give closed formulas for the Euler characteristic of Springer fibers.
KeywordsSpringer fiber Springer representation Weyl group Green polynomial Kostka-Foulkes polynomial
Mathematics Subject Classification20C99
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The author wishes to thank George Lusztig for having stimulating discussions with him and checking the draft of this paper. He is grateful to Jim Humphreys for his detailed remarks which help improve the readability of this paper. Also he thanks Gus Lonergan, Toshiaki Shoji, and an anonymous referee for useful comments.
- 1.Carter, R.W.: Finite Groups of Lie Type: Conjugacy Classes and Complex Characters. Wiley Classics Library, vol. 48. Wiley, New York (1993)Google Scholar
- 8.James, G.D., Kerber, A.: The Representation Theory of the Symmetric Group, Encyclopedia of Mathematics and Its Applications, vol. 16. Addison-Wesley, Reading (1981)Google Scholar
- 10.Kim, D.: Euler characteristic of Springer fibers. Transform. Groups. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00031-018-9487-4 (2018)
- 17.Macdonald, I.G.: Symmetric Functions and Hall Polynomials. Oxford Mathematical Monographs, 2nd edn. Oxford University Press, Oxford (1995)Google Scholar
- 21.Springer, T.A.: Generalization of Green’s polynomials, representation theory of finite groups and related topics. Proceedings of Symposia in Pure Mathematics, vol. XXI. American Mathematical Society, pp. 149–153 (1971)Google Scholar
- 23.Springer, T.A., Steinberg, R.: Conjugacy classes, Seminar on algebraic groups and related finite groups: held at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton\(/\)NJ, 1968\(/\)69, Lecture Notes in Mathematics, vol. 131. Springer, Berlin pp. 167–266 (1970)Google Scholar
- 26.van Leeuwen, M.A.A.: A Robinson-Schensted Algorithm in the Geometry of Flags for Classical Groups. Ph.D. thesis, Rijksuniversiteit te Utrecht (1989)Google Scholar