Toric Degenerations of Gr(2, n) and Gr(3, 6) via Plabic Graphs
- 67 Downloads
We establish an explicit bijection between the toric degenerations of the Grassmannian Gr(2, n) arising from maximal cones in tropical Grassmannians and the ones coming from plabic graphs corresponding to Gr(2, n). We show that a similar statement does not hold for Gr(3, 6).
KeywordsGrassmannians toric varieties tropical varieties Groebner degenerations plabic graphs
Mathematics Subject Classification14M15 14T05 14M25 05C21
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The main ideas of this paper were developed during the MFO Miniworkshop “PBW-structures in Representation theory”, where all authors enjoyed the hospitality. We would like to thank Peter Littelmann, Diane Maclagan, Markus Reineke, Kristin Shaw, and Bernd Sturmfels for helpful discussions. M.H. would like to thank Daniel Erman, Claudiu Raicu, and Greg Smith for support with Macaulay 2. The work of X.F. was supported by the Alexander von Humboldt foundation. The work of M.H. was partially supported by EPSRC first grant EP/K041002/1. The work of M.L. was funded by the University of Edinburgh.
- 4.Eisenbud, D.: Commutative Algebra. Grad. Texts in Math., Vol. 150. Springer-Verlag, New York (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Grayson, D.R., Stillman, M.E.: Macaulay2, a software system for research in algebraic geometry. Available at http://www.math.uiuc.edu/Macaulay2/
- 8.Hering, M.: Macaulay 2 computation comparing toric degenerations of Gr(3, 6) arising from plabic graphs with the tropical Grassmannian trop Gr(3, 6). Available at http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/~mhering/Papers/PlabicGraphDegens/PlabicGraphDegensGr36.m2
- 10.Kaveh, K., Manon, C.: Khovanskii bases, higher rank valuations and tropical geometry. Preprint (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Lakshmibai, V., Brown, J.: The Grassmannian Variety. Geometric and Representation-Theoretic Aspects. Dev. Math., Vol. 42. Springer, New York (2015)Google Scholar
- 14.Maclagan, D., Sturmfels, B.: Introduction to Tropical Geometry. Grad. Stud. Math., Vol. 161. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI (2015)Google Scholar
- 15.Postnikov, A.: Total positivity, Grassmannians, and networks. Preprint (2006)Google Scholar
- 16.Rietsch, K.,Williams, L.: Newton-Okounkov bodies, cluster duality, and mirror symmetry for Grassmannians. Preprint (2017)Google Scholar