Self-Gravitating Klein–Gordon Fields in Asymptotically Anti-de-Sitter Spacetimes
- 151 Downloads
We initiate the study of the spherically symmetric Einstein–Klein–Gordon system in the presence of a negative cosmological constant, a model appearing frequently in the context of high-energy physics. Due to the lack of global hyperbolicity of the solutions, the natural formulation of dynamics is that of an initial boundary value problem, with boundary conditions imposed at null infinity. We prove a local well-posedness statement for this system, with the time of existence of the solutions depending only on an invariant H 2-type norm measuring the size of the Klein–Gordon field on the initial data. The proof requires the introduction of a renormalized system of equations and relies crucially on r-weighted estimates for the wave equation on asymptotically AdS spacetimes. The results provide the basis for our companion paper establishing the global asymptotic stability of Schwarzschild-Anti-de-Sitter within this system.
KeywordsPointwise Estimate Extension Principle Raychaudhuri Equation Penrose Diagram Pointwise Bound
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bachelot, A.: The Klein–Gordon equation in Anti-de Sitter cosmology. arXiv:1010.1925Google Scholar
- 12.Gubser S.S. Breaking an Abelian gauge symmetry near a black hole horizon. Phys. Rev. D 78 (2008). arXiv:065034, 0801.2977Google Scholar
- 14.Holzegel, G.: Well-posedness for the massive wave equation on asymptotically anti-de-Sitter spacetimes. arXiv:1103.0710Google Scholar
- 15.Holzegel, G., Smulevici, J.: Stability of Schwarzschild-AdS for the spherically symmetric Einstein-Klein Gordon system. arXiv:1103.3672Google Scholar
- 16.Kommemi, J.: The global structure of spherically symmetric charged scalar field spacetimes. Preprint. arXiv:1107.0949 (2011)Google Scholar
- 18.Vasy, A.: The wave equation on asymptotically Anti-de Sitter spaces. Anal. PDE (2009, to appear). arXiv:0911.5440Google Scholar