On Blowup for Time-Dependent Generalized Hartree–Fock Equations
- 130 Downloads
We prove finite-time blowup for spherically symmetric and negative energy solutions of Hartree–Fock and Hartree–Fock–Bogoliubov-type equations, which describe the evolution of attractive fermionic systems (e.g. white dwarfs). Our main results are twofold: first, we extend the recent blowup result of Hainzl and Schlein (Comm. Math. Phys. 287:705–714, 2009) to Hartree–Fock equations with infinite rank solutions and a general class of Newtonian type interactions. Second, we show the existence of finite-time blowup for spherically symmetric solutions of a Hartree–Fock–Bogoliubov model, where an angular momentum cutoff is introduced. We also explain the key difficulties encountered in the full Hartree–Fock–Bogoliubov theory.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bach, V., Fröhlich, J., Jonsson L.: Bogolubov–Hartree–Fock mean field theory for neutron stars and other systems with attractive interactions. J. Math. Phys. 50, 102102, 22 (2009)Google Scholar
- 15.Lieb, E.H., Loss, M.: Analysis, Graduate Studies in Mathematics, vol. 14, 2nd edn. American Mathematical Society, Providence (2001)Google Scholar
- 19.Ring P., Schuck P.: The Nuclear Many-body Problem. Texts and Monographs in Physics. Springer, New York (1980)Google Scholar
- 20.Simon, B.: Trace ideals and their applications. London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series, vol. 35. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1979)Google Scholar
- 21.Stein, E.M.: Harmonic analysis: real-variable methods, orthogonality, and oscillatory integrals. Princeton Mathematical Series, vol. 43. Princeton University Press, Princeton (1993) (With the assistance of Timothy S. Murphy)Google Scholar