On generalized Seiffert means
- First Online:
- 127 Downloads
Generalizations of two Seiffert means, usually denoted by P and T, are defined and investigated. The means under discussion are symmetric and homogeneous of degree one in each variable. Computable lower and upper bounds for the new means are also established. Several inequalities involving means discussed in this paper are obtained. In particular, two Wilker’s type inequalities involving those means are derived.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2000)Primary 26E60 Secondary 33E05 26D07
KeywordsSeiffert means Schwab–Borchardt mean completely symmetric elliptic integral Wilker’s type inequalities
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Borwein J.M., Borwein P.B.: Pi and AGM: A Study in Analyric Number Theory and Computational Complexity. Wiley, New York (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.Chu, Y.-M., Wang, M.-K., Qiu, S.-L., Qiu, Y.-F.: Sharp generalized Seiffert mean bounds for Toader mean. Abstr. Appl. Anal. Article ID 605259 (2011)Google Scholar
- 10.Neuman, E.: A one-parameter family of bivariate means. J. Math. Inequal. (in press)Google Scholar
- 13.Seiffert H.-J.: Problem 887. Nieuw. Arch. Wisk. 11, 176 (1993)Google Scholar
- 14.Seiffert H.-J.: Aufgabe 16. Würzel 29, 87 (1995)Google Scholar