Glass-ceramic bonding in alumina/CBN abrasive systems
A glass-ceramic bond which can be applied in alumina/CBN abrasive systems was developed by the method of liquid-phase sintering of a homogenized mixture of alumina abrasives and bonding medium containing various amounts of B2O3. Microstructural and mechanical examinations have shown that the amount of B2O3 present in the starting glass frit determines the ultimate properties of the glass-ceramic bond which can be successfully used in the Al2O2/CBN abrasive systems.
KeywordsPolymer Alumina B2O3 Homogenize Mixture Glass Frit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.W. D. Kingery, A. P. Sidhwa andA. Waugh,Amer. Ceram. Soc. Bull. 42 (1963) 297.Google Scholar
- 2.T. J. Clark andJ. S. Reed,ibid. 65 (1988) 1506.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Bakon,Szklo Ceram. 28 (1977) 303.Google Scholar
- 4.N. Popivanova,Epitoanyag 32 (1980) 423.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Jager,Rud. Metal. Zb. 27 (1980) 77.Google Scholar
- 6.US Patent. No. 1983 082, December 1934.Google Scholar
- 7.W. Schiller, J. Wiegmann, M. Neibuhr, D. Haupt andP. Blank,Silikattechnik 35 (1984) 108.Google Scholar