Revisiting the asymptotic dynamics of General Relativity on AdS3
- 40 Downloads
The dual dynamics of Einstein gravity on AdS3 supplemented with boundary conditions of KdV-type is identified. It corresponds to a two-dimensional field theory at the boundary, described by a novel action principle whose field equations are given by two copies of the “potential modified KdV” equation. The asymptotic symmetries then transmute into the global Noether symmetries of the dual action, giving rise to an infinite set of commuting conserved charges, implying the integrability of the system. Noteworthy, the theory at the boundary is non-relativistic and possesses anisotropic scaling of Lifshitz type.
KeywordsConformal and W Symmetry Space-Time Symmetries Gauge-gravity correspondence Integrable Hierarchies
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- A. Achucarro and P.K. Townsend, A Chern-Simons Action for Three-Dimensional anti-de Sitter Supergravity Theories, Phys. Lett. B 180 (1986) 89 [INSPIRE].
- E. Witten, (2 + 1)-Dimensional Gravity as an Exactly Soluble System, Nucl. Phys. B 311 (1988) 46 [INSPIRE].
- P. Forgacs, A. Wipf, J. Balog, L. Feher and L. O’Raifeartaigh, Liouville and Toda Theories as Conformally Reduced WZNW Theories, Phys. Lett. B 227 (1989) 214 [INSPIRE].
- A. Alekseev and S.L. Shatashvili, Path Integral Quantization of the Coadjoint Orbits of the Virasoro Group and 2D Gravity, Nucl. Phys. B 323 (1989) 719 [INSPIRE].
- S. Elitzur, G.W. Moore, A. Schwimmer and N. Seiberg, Remarks on the Canonical Quantization of the Chern-Simons-Witten Theory, Nucl. Phys. B 326 (1989) 108 [INSPIRE].
- P.J. Olver, Applications of Lie groups to differential equations, vol. 107, Springer Science & Business Media (2000).Google Scholar
- J.P. Wang, A list of 1 + 1 dimensional integrable equations and their properties, J. Nonlinear Math. Phys. 9 (2002) 213.Google Scholar
- B.A. Dubrovin, V.B. Matveev and S.P. Novikov, Non-linear equations of Korteweg-De Vries type, finite-zone linear operators, and abelian varieties, Russ. Math. Surv. 31 (1976) 59.Google Scholar