A modular sewing kit for entanglement wedges
- 19 Downloads
We relate the Riemann curvature of a holographic spacetime to an entangle- ment property of the dual CFT state: the Berry curvature of its modular Hamiltonians. The modular Berry connection encodes the relative bases of nearby CFT subregions while its bulk dual, restricted to the code subspace, relates the edge-mode frames of the cor- responding entanglement wedges. At leading order in 1/N and for sufficiently smooth HRRT surfaces, the modular Berry connection simply sews together the orthonormal co- ordinate systems covering neighborhoods of HRRT surfaces. This geometric perspective on entanglement is a promising new tool for connecting the dynamics of entanglement and gravitation.
KeywordsAdS-CFT Correspondence Gauge-gravity correspondence
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited
- S. Ryu and T. Takayanagi, Holographic derivation of entanglement entropy from AdS/CFT, Phys. Rev. Lett.96 (2006) 181602 [hep-th/0603001] [INSPIRE].
- M.V. Berry, Quantal phase factors accompanying adiabatic changes, Proc. Roy. Soc. LondonA 392 (1984) 45.Google Scholar
- F. Wilczek and A. Zee, Appearance of gauge structure in simple dynamical systems, Phys. Rev. Lett.52 (1984) 2111 [INSPIRE].
- B. Czech and Z. Wang, to appear.Google Scholar
- W. Dur, G. Vidal and J.I. Cirac, Three qubits can be entangled in two inequivalent ways, Phys. Rev.A 62 (2000) 062314 [INSPIRE].
- F. Verstraete, J. Dehaene, B. de Moor and H. Verschelde, Four qubits can be entangled in nine different ways, Phys. Rev.A 65 (2002) 052112 [quant-ph/0109033].