Holographic entropy inequalities and gapped phases of matter
- 198 Downloads
We extend our studies of holographic entropy inequalities to gapped phases of matter. For any number of regions, we determine the linear entropy inequalities satisfied by systems in which the entanglement entropy satisfies an exact area law. In particular, we find that all holographic entropy inequalities are valid in such systems. In gapped systems with topological order, the “cyclic inequalities” derived recently for the holo-graphic entanglement entropy generalize the Kitaev-Preskill formula for the topological entanglement entropy. Finally, we propose a candidate linear inequality for general 4-party quantum states.
KeywordsAdS-CFT Correspondence Holography and condensed matter physics (AdS/CMT) Topological States of Matter
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- M.B. Hastings, An area law for one-dimensional quantum systems, J. Stat. Mech. (2007) P08024 [arXiv:0705.2024].
- N. Linden, F. Matúš, M.B. Ruskai and A. Winter, The quantum entropy cone of stabiliser states, arXiv:1302.5453.
- M. Walter, Multipartite quantum states and their marginals, Ph.D. thesis, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland (2014), arXiv:1410.6820.
- J. Preskill, Lecture notes on quantum computation (2004).Google Scholar
- N. Pippenger, The inequalities of quantum information theory, Tech. Rep., Vancouver Canada (2002).Google Scholar
- B. Ibinson, Quantum information and entropy, Ph.D. thesis, University of Bristol, Bristol, U.K. (2006).Google Scholar
- R. Dougherty, C. Freiling and K. Zeger, Six new non-shannon information inequalities, talk given at the IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, July 6-12, Seattle U.S.A. (2006).Google Scholar