Bayesian global analysis of neutrino oscillation data
- 182 Downloads
We perform a Bayesian analysis of current neutrino oscillation data. When estimating the oscillation parameters we find that the results generally agree with those of the χ 2 method, with some differences involving s 23 2 and CP-violating effects. We discuss the additional subtleties caused by the circular nature of the CP-violating phase, and how it is possible to obtain correlation coefficients with s 23 2 . When performing model comparison, we find that there is no significant evidence for any mass ordering, any octant of s 23 2 or a deviation from maximal mixing, nor the presence of CP-violation.
KeywordsNeutrino Physics Solar and Atmospheric Neutrinos
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- NuFIT webpage, http://www.nu-fit.org.
- M. Hobson et al. eds., Bayesian methods in cosmology, Cambridge University Press, (2010).Google Scholar
- K.P. Burnham and D.R. Anderson, Model Selection and Multimodel Inference: A Practical Information-Theoretic Approach, Springer Science & Business Media, (2007).Google Scholar
- J.O. Berger, Statistical decision theory and Bayesian analysis, Springer-Verlag, (1985).Google Scholar
- Y. Koshio, Solar Results from Super-Kamiokande, talk given at the XXVI International Conference on Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics, Boston, U.S.A, 2-7 June 2014.Google Scholar
- R. Wendell, Atmospheric Results from Super-Kamiokande, talk given at the XXVI International Conference on Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics, Boston, U.S.A., 2-7 June 2014.Google Scholar
- Palo Verde collaboration, A. Piepke, Final results from the Palo Verde neutrino oscillation experiment, Prog. Part. Nucl. Phys. 48 (2002) 113 [INSPIRE].
- C. Zhang, Recent Results From Daya Bay, talk given at the XXVI International Conference on Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics, Boston, U.S.A., 2-7 June 2014.Google Scholar
- S.-H. Seo, New Results from RENO, talk given at the XXVI International Conference on Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics, Boston, U.S.A., 2-7 June 2014.Google Scholar
- CALTECH-SIN-TUM collaboration, G. Zacek et al., Neutrino Oscillation Experiments at the Gosgen Nuclear Power Reactor, Phys. Rev. D 34 (1986) 2621 [INSPIRE].
- J. Elevant and T. Schwetz, On the determination of the leptonic CP phase, arXiv:1506.0768.
- S.R. Jammalamadaka and A. SenGupta, Topics in circular statistics, World Scientific, (2001).Google Scholar
- K.V. Mardia and P.E. Jupp, Directional Statistics, John Wiley & Sons, (2009).Google Scholar
- N.I. Fisher, Statistical Analysis of Circular Data, Cambridge University Press, (1995).Google Scholar
- A. Kraskov, H. Stögbauer and P. Grassberger, Estimating mutual information, Phys. Rev. E 69 (2004) 066138 [cond-mat/0305641].