Heterotic compactifications on nearly Kähler manifolds
- 39 Downloads
We consider compactifications of heterotic supergravity on anti-de Sitter space, with a six-dimensional nearly Kähler manifold as the internal space. Completing the model proposed by Frey and Lippert  with the particular choice of SU(3)/U(1) × U(1) for the internal manifold, we show that it satisfies not only the supersymmetry constraints but also the equations of motion with string corrections of order α′. Furthermore, we present a nonsupersymmetric model. In both solutions we find confirmed a recent result of Ivanov  on the connection used for anomaly cancellation. Interestingly, the volume of the internal space is fixed by the supersymmetry constraints and/or the equations of motion.
KeywordsFlux compactifications Superstring Vacua Differential and Algebraic Geometry
- H. Baum, Twistor spinors on Lorentzian symmetric spaces, math.DG/9803089.
- C. Bohle, Killing and twistor spinors on Lorentzian manifolds, http://www.math.tu-berlin.de/∼bohle/pub/dipl.dvi.
- J.-B. Butruille, Homogeneous nearly Kähler manifolds, math/0612655.
- T. Friedrich, On types of non-integrable geometries, math/0205149.
- M.B. Green, J.H. Schwarz and E. Witten, Superstring theory, Vol. 2: Loop amplitudes, anomalies & phenomenology, Cambridge University Press (1987).Google Scholar
- S. Kobayashi and K. Nomizu, Foundations of differential geometry, Vol. 1, John Wiley & Sons (1963).Google Scholar
- J. Polchinski, String theory, Vol. I, Cambridge University Press (2005).Google Scholar
- L. Ugarte and R. Villacampa, Non-nilpotent complex geometry of nilmanifolds and heterotic supersymmetry, arXiv:0912.5110.