Classical conformal blocks and Painlevé VI
- 419 Downloads
We study the classical c → ∞ limit of the Virasoro conformal blocks. We point out that the classical limit of the simplest nontrivial null-vector decoupling equation on a sphere leads to the Painlevé VI equation. This gives the explicit representation of generic four-point classical conformal block in terms of the regularized action evaluated on certain solution of the Painlevé VI equation. As a simple consequence, the monodromy problem of the Heun equation is related to the connection problem for the Painlevé VI.
KeywordsIntegrable Hierarchies Integrable Field Theories Differential and Algebraic Geometry
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- N.A. Nekrasov, On the BPS/CFT correspondence, seminar at The String Theory Group, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 3 February 2004.Google Scholar
- A.S. Losev, A. Marshakov and N.A. Nekrasov, Small instantons, little strings and free fermions, in From Fields to Strings: Circumnavigating Theoretical Physics, M. Shifman et al. eds., World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. (2005), chapter 17, pg. 581 [ISBN: 978-981-238-955-8, 978-981-4482-04-2] [hep-th/0302191] [INSPIRE].
- A.B. Zamolodchikov, Conformal symmetry in two-dimensions: recursion representation of conformal block, Theor. Math. Phys. 53 (1987) 1088 [Teor. Mat. Fiz. 73 (1987) 103].Google Scholar
- N.A. Nekrasov and S.L. Shatashvili, Quantization of Integrable Systems and Four Dimensional Gauge Theories, in XVIth International Congress on Mathematical Physics, Prague, Czech Republic, 3-8 August 2009, P. Exner ed., World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd. (2010), chapter 6, pg. 265 [ISBN: #9789814304634] [arXiv:0908.4052] [INSPIRE].
- L.A. Takhtadzhyan and P.G. Zograf, Action for the Liouville equation as a generating function for the accessory parameters and as a potential for the Weil-Petersson metric on the Teichmüller space, Funkts. Anal. Prilozh. 19 (1985) 67 [Funct. Anal. Appl. 19 (1986) 219] (English translation).Google Scholar
- P.G. Zograf and L.A. Takhtadzhyan, On the Liouville equation, accessory parameters and the geometry of the Teichmüller space for the Riemann surfaces of genus 0, Mat. Sbornik 132 (1987) 147 [Math. USSR-Sbornik 60 (1988) 143] (English translation).Google Scholar
- H. Poincaré, Les fonctions fuchsiennes et l’équation Δu = e u, J. Math. Pure. Appl. 5 (1898) 157.Google Scholar
- E.K. Sklyanin, Goryachev-Chaplygin top and the inverse scattering method, Zap. Nauchn. Semin. 133 (1984) 236) [J. Sov. Math. 31 (1985) 3417] (English translation) [INSPIRE].