Measuring the polarization of boosted hadronic tops
- First Online:
- 40 Downloads
We propose a new technique for measuring the polarization of hadronically decaying boosted top quarks. In particular, we apply a subjet-based technique to events where the decay products of the top are clustered within a single jet. The technique requires neither b-tagging nor W-reconstruction, and does not rely on assumptions about either the top production mechanism or the sources of missing energy in the event. We include results for various new physics scenarios made with different Monte Carlo generators to demonstrate the robustness of the technique.
KeywordsJets Beyond Standard Model Heavy Quark Physics
- CMS collaboration, A cambridge-aachen (c-a) based jet algorithm for boosted top-jet tagging, Tech. Report CMS PAS JME-09-001, CERN Geneva, July 2007.Google Scholar
- G. Brooijmans, High p t hadronic top quark identification, Tech. Report ATL-COM-PHYS-2008-001, CERN Geneva, February 2008.
- L. March, E. Ros, and B. Salvachúa, Search for kaluza-klein excitations of the gluon in models with extra dimensions, Tech. Report ATL-COM-PHYS-2005-032, CERN Geneva, July 2005.
- S. González de la Hoz, L. March, and E. Ros, Search for hadronic decays of z H and w H in the little higgs model, Tech. Report ATL-COM-PHYS-2005-001, CERN Geneva, 2005.
- M. Cacciari, G. Salam, and G. Soyez, FastJet, http://fastjet.fr/.