Measuring the atmospheric neutrino oscillation parameters and constraining the 3+1 neutrino model with ten years of ANTARES data
Open AccessRegular Article - Experimental Physics
- 125 Downloads
The ANTARES neutrino telescope has an energy threshold of a few tens of GeV. This allows to study the phenomenon of atmospheric muon neutrino disappearance due to neutrino oscillations. In a similar way, constraints on the 3+1 neutrino model, which foresees the existence of one sterile neutrino, can be inferred. Using data collected by the ANTARES neutrino telescope from 2007 to 2016, a new measurement of Δm 32 2 and θ23 has been performed — which is consistent with world best-fit values — and constraints on the 3+1 neutrino model have been derived.
KeywordsNeutrino Detectors and Telescopes (experiments) Oscillation
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- V.N. Gribov and B. Pontecorvo, Neutrino astronomy and lepton charge, Phys. Lett. B 28 (1969) 493 [INSPIRE].
- Particle Data Group collaboration, Review of particle physics, Phys. Rev. D 98 (2018) 030001 [INSPIRE].
- L. Wolfenstein, Neutrino oscillations in matter, Phys. Rev. D 17 (1978) 2369 [INSPIRE].
- S.P. Mikheev and A.Y. Smirnov, Resonant amplification of neutrino oscillations in matter and solar neutrino spectroscopy, Nuovo Cim. C 9 (1986) 17 [INSPIRE].
- J. Coelho, OscProb, https://github.com/joaoabcoelho/OscProb/.
- B. Bakker, Trigger studies for the Antares and KM3NeT neutrino telescopes, Master’s Thesis, University of Amsterdam (2011).Google Scholar
- ANTARES collaboration, The Run-by-Run Monte Carlo simulation for the ANTARES experiment, EPJ Web Conf. 116 (2016) 02002 [INSPIRE].
- D. Bailey, Monte Carlo tools and analysis methods for understanding the ANTARES experiment and predicting its sensitivity to dark matter, Ph.D. Thesis, Oxford University (2002).Google Scholar
- Application Software Group collaboration, GEANT 3: a detector description and simulation tool, CERN Program Library Long Writeup W5013 (1995).Google Scholar
- E. Visser, Neutrinos from the Milky Way, Ph.D. Thesis, Universiteit Leiden (2015).Google Scholar
- C. Patrignani et al., The review of particle physics, Chin. Phys. C 40 (2016) 100001.Google Scholar
- R. Brun and F. Rademakers, ROOT: an object oriented data analysis framework, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A 389 (1997) 81 [INSPIRE].
- M. Sanchez, NOvA results and prospects, https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1286758 (2018).
- M. Wascko, T2K status, results, and plans, https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1286752 (2018).
- A. Aurisano, Recent results from MINOS and MINOS+, https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.1286760 (2018).
© The Author(s) 2019