Towards Kaluza-Klein Dark Matter on nilmanifolds
- 69 Downloads
We present a first study of the field spectrum on a class of negatively-curved compact spaces: nilmanifolds or twisted tori. This is a case where analytical results can be obtained, allowing to check numerical methods. We focus on the Kaluza-Klein expansion of a scalar field. The results are then applied to a toy model where a natural Dark Matter candidate arises as a stable massive state of the bulk scalar.
KeywordsBeyond Standard Model Compactification and String Models
This article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY 4.0), which permits any use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author(s) and source are credited.
- N.J. Cornish and D.N. Spergel, On the eigenmodes of compact hyperbolic 3-manifolds, arXiv:math/9906017.
- M.-P. Gong, Classification of Nilpotent Lie Algebras of Dimension 7, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Waterloo, Ontario Canada (1998).Google Scholar
- C. Bock, On Low-Dimensional Solvmanifolds, arXiv:0903.2926.
- L. Schubert, Spectral properties of the Laplacian on p-forms on the Heisenberg group, Ph.D. Thesis, University of Adelaide, Adelaide Australia (1997).Google Scholar
- A. Rezaei-Aghdam, M. Sephid and S. Fallahpour, Automorphism group and ad-invariant metric on all six dimensional solvable real Lie algebras, arXiv:1009.0816.
- B. Gough, GNU Scientific Library Reference Manual, third edition, Network Theory Ltd (2009).Google Scholar
- A.D. Poularikas, Transforms and Applications Handbook, third edition, CRC Press (2010).Google Scholar